Facebook Live Streaming

vort

• Members

Has anyone used the new Facebook streaming on their pages yet? It's available for personal pages on both Apple and Android, and available for Pages Mgr on Apple only currently. It allows you to take video with your phone and share it with those who have liked your page. It even sends out a notification letting them know when you are "live".

We just tried it at our last gig. At the very least, it puts us in our fan's user feed. We reached close to 1000 some people with the few videos we did. It is another way to interact with fans as well. Figured I'd share for those who didn't know about it, and see if anyone else was using it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes, that's it. We're going to try it again this weekend. One thing we're going to try is to stream longer. Last time we used it, we only did it for one song at a time. I think the longer you broadcast, it gives fans more time to catch it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I think it's a cool tool to utilize, I have not used it yet myself, but I catch myself checking out other bands when they suddenly 'go live'. However, most of the live feeds I've watched all sound distorted due to the phone/Ipad not made for loud music. May be able to use my Zoom 4 camera into a Ipad that has plug in capabilities?

Archived