recent videos of us

jeff42

• Members

Hey everyone, figure I'd post something since I still stop by every day but there is nowhere near the amount of active topics here as there once was.

After our original singer left in July and auditions for a new singer did not go well at all we played as a trio until the beginning of 2016. Our guitar player handled most of the vocals between August & end of December. January is when we did our 1st gig since the summer as a 4 piece (or like some in my area call in a FULL band... Grrrr).

The new guy is still learning the little quirks that exist in our show but he's coming along fine. 1st video is from a cool craft beer bar and the 2nd is from a smaller place with a tiny stage. (lol)

• Members

Nice, Jeff - band is sounding good, and I'm consistently impressed by the sound of your E-Drums.

You might want to talk to the singer about cupping the mic. If he does that in a louder environment, you'll be asking for trouble.

Wes

• Members

thanks wesg! I work hard to get the sounds I want from my E Kit. The module I am using is a 2box Drumit5 which IMO has the ability to produce far superior sounds than roland. The interface is no where near as easy but the stock sounds are great and the ability to load sounds from Steven Slate drums, Superior Drummer 2.0 and other programs like that make it the better choice. again IMO.

as far as "new Adam" cupping the mic... (we call him new adam cuz our old singer was also named adam LOL)

Yeah he's aware of it now, trying to break him of some habits like that. All I can say is... Damn kids!

• Members
The interface is no where near as easy but the stock sounds are great and the ability to load sounds from Steven Slate drums, Superior Drummer 2.0 and other programs like that make it the better choice.

I knew Steve Slate from when he was a local musician back here in Massachusetts. Very nice guy with a BOOMING voice on him for singing big rock stuff. It's great seeing the success he's had with his drum sound packages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
the stock sounds are great and the ability to load sounds from Steven Slate drums, Superior Drummer 2.0 and other programs like that

Jeff so are you still using the stock sounds or did you make some kits of your own for it?

I'm super interested in the new Alesis Strike Pro kit coming down the line soon, hoping it will do everything the 2box will with a better interface to boot.

• Members

Some are stock some are from Superior Drummer 2.0. I think the snare & kick are the only stock sounds on the kit I'm using in the video.

And yeah my fingers are crossed for the Alesis Strike pro. It looks sweet. There is also the ATV module which is interesting.

www.atvcorporation.com/en/products/drums/ad5/

Archived