St Patrick's Day Gig Question

jdrummys

• Members

My cover band recently got a gig on St Paddy's Day. It's just at a regular bar..not an Irish Pub..and it's from 7-11. The thing is, we do not know any Irish songs, and probably not enough time to learn any at this rate. Our singer said she could probably pull off an acapella version of Danny Boy but that would be it. The bar never requested we learn any Irish music. Do you think this is a problem? Anyone else have experience with this?

• Members

Download a couple Drop Kick Murphy albums and play them on break. Print out a couple of Irish toast and spew them out occasionally, in your best Irish brogue. Wear the green hats, bowties, apparel and avoid the green beer. Keep the energy level up and the crowd drinking and you'll be back next year!

• Members

I'm in the same boat. Trying to get the band to pick up SOMETHING Irish-y for each set, but I don't think that's going to happen. At least we know Brown Eyed Girl, that's by an Irish guy, LOL.

Green hats are a good idea. I think I'll hit the Dollar Store..

Wes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Download a couple Drop Kick Murphy albums and play them on break. Print out a couple of Irish toast and spew them out occasionally' date=' in your best Irish brogue. Wear the green hats, bowties, apparel and avoid the green beer. Keep the energy level up and the crowd drinking and you'll be back next year![/quote']

This. It's always a sham when you see some legit band try to hack through a poorly rushed Irish tune for... what? Instead, play up the silly Irish fun ad encourage people to buy you shots of Jameson and Tullamore Dew.

And drink tons of Guinness.

Archived