New New Songs Thread

vort

• Members

Haven't seen one of these since Uptown Funk, so I thought I'd chime in with some new ones we're doing that are going over well.

Ex's and O's

Want you to Want me - Jason DeRulo

SOB - Nathaniel Rateliff

Riptide

We added Shut Up and Dance awhile ago, and it continues to hold really well. We are looking to add a more rocked up version of Adele's Hello soon.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

We also added 'shut up and dance' and I was surprised that it did as well as it did the two times we played it. How is Riptide working out for you? I thought about that one, but it strikes me like 'hey ho' where it's a good song and everyone likes it, but nobody ever really dances to it.

• Members
Haven't seen one of these since Uptown Funk, so I thought I'd chime in with some new ones we're doing that are going over well.

Ex's and O's

Want you to Want me - Jason DeRulo

SOB - Nathaniel Rateliff

Riptide

We added Shut Up and Dance awhile ago, and it continues to hold really well. We are looking to add a more rocked up version of Adele's Hello soon.

Happy to say I never heard of any of them:)

• Members

Happy to say I never heard of any of them:)

Considering you are trying build a corporate/wedding entertainment company, I wouldn't be too happy about that. This is some of what is current and should be part of any variety acts show.

• Members

Really? Why? I play about 16 gigs a month and I NEVER get requests for any of those as well as much of ANYTHING new and I play to all age groups. Why do you think you need to learn all the current stuff? Who told you? Some club owner? Agent? I go by my crowds and no one is requesting anything new save some country and it's new-ish, Taylor Swift which we do and a few of the last couple years worth of big hits....Feel no need whatsoever to keep up with a load of new frankly garbage material that will be forgotten in a few months. We will do the biggest 10 current hits of the year and I expect most of them to remain in my list a year or 2. The classics will be classics forever until something comes along to unseat them and nothing will.

• Members

We just added "Can't feel my face" by the Weeknd, and are in the process of adding "Ex's and O's" and "Stiches" by Shawn Mendes at the moment.

We're a little behind the times "top40" wise down here in Australia ;)

Just before that we added "Bye Bye Bye" by NSync - mainly for {censored}s n giggles.

Archived