Wheresgrant, current setup?

vort

• Members

Grant,

For years I followed your exploits on Harmony Central, getting ideas based on your setup. I was curious, with the new band, how has your setup and equipment changed? You still have a sound and light guy? Any changes there? Still using those TV's?

Thanks!

• Members

Hey man, thanks. Nothing's changed really. When we turned the lights off with Nuts and About Last Night we really just put everything into storage. We didn't split equipment up and we had an agreement that down the road we could all take a few pieces and sell them off but to hold off until we were sure we weren't putting on a new show. So after 6-7 months when I got the call for the new band and if I wanted in for me it was really on a limited basis (thinking of the previous band's schedule). However seeing how dead the current scene is I'm fine gigging out 3-4 times a month.

We have a similar line up as in the past. Actually members of the old band consists of me on keys, other keyboardist, bassist, manager/sound guy and lighting guy. The three new people are the singer (from a regional band that disbanded), his drummer from a previous band, and our guitarist who never played in Nuts but we always wanted him. Add in a roadie/camera guy and we have 9 guys helping to load in and set up every night. We still have our drum riser, the same light rig and TV's we invested in. Actually considering the cost of that investment I'm glad we spent as little as possible. All the gear is paid for. So why not use it.

Some outdoor summer shows (Our Lights and sound)

[video=vimeo;138042773]

[video=vimeo;138500500]

[video=vimeo;138371791]

Halloween (Our lights except Front lighting... hired sound)

[video=vimeo;144546323]

[video=vimeo;145833777]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived