That bar gig went really well!!

StratGuy22

• Members

We don't normally play bars, just not our thing. But after 6 years as a band we ar branching out a bit. We played our local bar last Friday and Saturday. The pay wasn't great but pretty good bar-wise.

They had a nice sized stage with a 240V 50A outlet. We brought iur usual setup, and had to leave a few lights at home due to low headroom. That's ok.

Load in, light truss up

67B11D55-6F16-49B4-A9FD-FF18307006E2.jpg

• Members

Saturday was the night, and there was a great turnout. From about 10pm on until the end of the night. We pulled out some requests we'd never played before and some moldy oldies.

everyone had fun and it was packed until. They turned the lights on.

• Members

Jesus this place is going to give me a stroke. Between being dog slow and unable to add pics along with reloading and losing all your edits. I'll TRY to add the pics I was unable to edit in the original post.

Light truss loaded & wired:

2BE830C0-48A4-48CE-8288-59029EFA04F1.jpg

Done.

5A9F1672-00B0-4543-823E-45062A908D46.jpg

Mission control, distro behind it:

3E97E4A3-0040-481E-8FA2-62675118701C_2.jpg

• Members

Nice!

People see us unloading in the bar, and say, "Holy you guys have a lot of {censored}". Well, we ain't got nothin' on you, LOL!

Good tunes. If you can ever find yourself a Hammond player....Tragically Hip and Hammond Organ go together clean clothes and Downey. I friggin' love (not over-) playing that stuff.

Been meaning to pick up "I want you to want me" ...... we're planning to debut Sweet Caroline at a dancy club/bar in a couple of weeks. That should be entertaining, hoping to get the "ba ba baaaas" out of the kids. Participaction, it does the body good.

That Billy Joel tune from Breaking Glass........You May Be Right. We do that every gig. People friggin' love it. I have seen it thoroughly butchered too, good job. I watched a band trying to wing it last year only to discover that it's more than I, IV, V, and vi.... fall apart (except for the bass) at Bm G E A. :roll eyes:

Authority Song...Johnny Cougar, liked that. We should pick that up.

Wes

• Members

The barmaid asked if we could keep the door closed between each thing we brought in, because the regulars were complaining it was drafty. I said "shouldn't they instead be be questioning why they are drinking at noon" we laughed and I had our bass player man the door.

i love playing Hip songs. We usually do: Blow at high dough, Courage, New Orleans is Sinking, and we threw in Little Bones as "one more past the encore" song. We used to do Locked in the Trunk of a Car as well. Always wanted to do Looking For a Place to Happen, and Ahead by a Century.

• Members

Man I love playing out. We get out about 12 - 18 times a year. So not all the time. We get busier at wedding season and fall to New Years. I think we have 5 gigs on the books for next year already. This weekend is a Back to the Future party at my best friends shop. They at expecting about 100 people. House parties usually get a deal since lights aren't usually involved. But I thought what the heck, let's go all out. So I loaded in and set upset weekend. I'll go tomorrow after work to get my new CS18AI up and running there. We are pretty stoked for the party! Tonight I'm finishing up our costumes.

We we are going as "The Doc Browns":

Matching Lab Coats

fluroescent yellow shirts with a Nuclear symbol

spray our hair white

if I really thought about it, we should have dressed as Doc Brown from each time place.

Cowboy

50's

80's

future

lol but I want thinking that creatively that far out. Too late now.

Archived