Got my Presonus CS18AI controller!!!

StratGuy22

• Members

I had a StudioLove 24.4.2 which was 4 years old. It was getting a bit long in the tooth. I was looking to upgrade. I ended up getting the CS18AI. I was comfortable with mixing via iPad.

When my band played though, I realized that the iPad mini or laptop were a little tedious to use in the heat of battle "can I get a little more ______ in my monitor please"

9EC65860-AEC2-4F3D-83EF-17CE26886AA0.jpg

I was planning on getting a surface tablet (a Dell XPS18 in fact) which would give me a bigger surface, more faders on the screen etc to work with. I was getting ready to pull the trigger when Presonus announced the CS18AI, a control surface that would work with the RM32AI. It uses Cat5 or Cat6 to connect, it has moving faders, etc etc. Perfect. So I ordered one and it just arrived this weekend, perfect for next weekends gig.

The gig is in the next town and so I was able to set up this weekend for it. I was able to put it in place with my mixer, just to get a feel for it. The gig is at an acreage so I didn't have the time or WIFI to update all the firmware etc etc.

The setup:

2A61880C-4FFE-4553-A68E-9D371BC59D63.jpg

Mission Control:

17B3ACB2-2178-40B4-B057-9CC57AC6DEE2.jpg

So I brought the RM mixer, the CS controller, my laptop etc and got everything working and playing nice together.

02B6CBE3-1C5A-4B99-AA4E-607621F2E606.jpg

Pretty stoked!! I took a little video, playing around with a song we played at a gig, recorded live with the Presonus Capture software.

Archived