Long time, no post!

FitchFY

• Members

Hola, mis amigos!

I haven't posted in here for awhile - I need to get my head back in the door! How are things? I see Guido got himself banned...

I'm up with two bands right now...

Loud - hard rock covers with some amazing talent

Snake Oil Caravan - "Authentic New England Motorfolk," or perhaps just "cowpunk"

... and am basically calling it a day with Boom Stick. I have an audition next week for a central MA band which sounds like it could be some fun rock and roll covers and gigs.

I've got another blog post or two coming up (link in my signature), as well... what's new with this crowd?

• Members

Welcome back! One of my bands was playin' the Blue Plate in Holden MA last weekend - that's about as far north as I ever get these days although we played Uncle Eddie's in Salisbury Beach a month back. You've probably played both at one time or another :) .

If they ever get the notification system workin' here things will pick up I'm sure :bangheadonwall:.

• Members

Great blog BTW, you should repost some of that over here to liven up the place wink.png . Well, I have an audition for a sixth project (shoot me now) tonight so I better sign off and figure out WTF pre-bluegrass roots music bass is supposed to sound like LOL. I'll be bringing my Bass uke, NFW am I ever giggin' my dawghouse - we'll see if they can wrap their heads around it ;) . I've gigged the uke a couple times with an acoustic guitarist/singer (as a duo) and it freaks folks out in a good way :) .

• Members

Hey man! Good to see you. I haven't logged on in quite a while... not that I don't have much to share there just doesn't seem to be much of an audience here to share it with. ;)

And I see Guido got band thru the Political Party forum. LOL A Kim Davis thread no less.

I was out of it for 6-7 months and we formed a new band this summer. It was a slow start but things are picking up now. Some monthly gigs at an A-list venue and some offers for privates.

I like your blog BTW.

• Members

It has been pretty terrible here. Honestly its a chore to even log on and post. I'm sure many will post to the lack of participation but I've argued for two years now that this forum is the most unpleasant to post in on the internet, from a user experience POV. The software they used to upgrade this beast 18 months ago drove me and many others away. I laugh everytime I log in to reply to a thread how I'm jerked back to the home page and then have to make my way back to the thread I wanted to comment on. Way to go HC.... you know how to destroy a community. wink.png

• Members

Welcome back!

As for the log in to reply BS - just log in, hit back a couple of times, reload, and you're good.

Yeah, I'm not fond of the UX here, either. I stick around because I like the people in BSWTB and Live Sound.

Wes

• Members

Thanks for the kind words on the blog, fellas! I really enjoy writing it and sharing some experiences, especially to my crew of friends and fellow musicians. Even at my age, I've got more experience than many on the local scene and I love just sharing ideas and trying to get people to be positive about the concept of performing live music. The Massachusetts scene is pretty lacking, so ya gotta be down with lemonade over lemons! :)

My audition was pushed back to Monday night, so I'm going to spend this week doing some prep work on a lot of tunes I know but have never played. There are a few Beatles songs that will be weird for me, since I don't do much with the Ringo feel in my style...

• Members

unfortunately this board has seen better days. Its a ghost town compared to what it was... Oh well. I'm chugging along with Ostrich Hat still. Our guitar player has been handling lead vocal duties for almost 2 months now since our front man left so we are back to being a trio for now.

BTW I too like the blog Fitchfy. Good read!

• Members

My rock band is finally starting to do okay. We started as a five-piece 3 years ago. Two original members left. Three bookings in the next three months, which is a comfortable pace for me and our draw. Two of them are in venues which are best-in-town for our type of show. Changing drummers last year really helped with our sound, there was nothing wrong with the old guy, but this guy steps us up a notch - not only in groove, but rehearsal focus, professionalism, and vocals.

I've been spending some one-on-one time with the lead singer learning harmony parts. Bless his heart. I don't know what's broken with me, but I'm a terrible singer. But if I learn a part cold and attack it with confidence, it usually comes out pretty good.

I found out recently that there is a void in my area with backline organ rentals. I am really thinking about filling it. I have also started to do live sound reinforcement for big bands. It's funny how you branch out once you start owning a critical mass of gear. I have been playing piano on a lot of "big band" type gigs, which helps to pay the "rock band" GAS bills. 17 gigs this year with three more on the books this year. Not bad.

Archived