Wireless PA?

toober

• Members

There's IEMs and walk-about tablet mixing. Where are the wireless PA speaker setups? Sure they still need power but couldn't the signal be transmitted to a small receiver plugged in the back or transmitted through the mains wiring (like we've seen for home use)? This would reduce the need for wires from the mixer to all the speakers.

• Members
There's IEMs and walk-about tablet mixing. Where are the wireless PA speaker setups? Sure they still need power but couldn't the signal be transmitted to a small receiver plugged in the back or transmitted through the mains wiring (like we've seen for home use)? This would reduce the need for wires from the mixer to all the speakers.
They exist - but good luck getting 7+ channels of wireless to work just for mains and monitors - and co-exist with the cell phones, wireless instruments, mics, and WiFi for remote mixing :facepalm:.

• Members

I read a message in a web search where someone uses iem packs. I guess instead of plugging the earphone into the wearable pack, plug the wearable pack into the speaker. Other than pricey, good/bad, comments?

• Members
I read a message in a web search where someone uses iem packs. I guess instead of plugging the earphone into the wearable pack, plug the wearable pack into the speaker. Other than pricey, good/bad, comments?

Fine for an extension speaker for voice or background music and I've done it several times. BAD for a primary PA sound.

• Members

The wireless PA speakers you see aren't audio wireless, the wifi is just for DSP control (EQ, delay, volume, etc). If you have an analog mixer it can be handy, but dubious value if you have a digital mixer because it's likely that stuff is already baked in. There are a few blue-tooth wireless ones out there, but the ones I know of are lower end models and I'd think latency would be an issue

Archived