radko cruncher 3+3 preamp?

• Members

anyone played or heard one of these? i have a chance to get one and i cant find anyone tahts heard of one. The celler said it sounds simmilar to a CAE and it was made in the 90's. It has three channels,each with its own gain, level, bass, mid, and trible, as well as a boost switch. It also has an effects loop and 3 12ax7 tubes. If anyone has heard of it let me know.

• Members

Sounds "Similar" to a CAE 3+....?

Thats a pretty BOLD statement-and unless you've heard,Owned and played thru a CAE/Bradshaw 3+ or 3+SE Preamp it's not accurate.

in my opinion(I OWN the 3+ and 3+SE CAE Preamps);

Nothing comes close to Bobs Custom Audio Electronics 3+/3+SE Preamp.

Vince.

• Members

im just wondering how the radko sounds. if they guy made a bad comparison, its not his fault he could hear things differently, ive never heard a CAE nor do i know much about them. Im just looking for something that sounds good, right now i have a voodoo lab preamp and im not a huge fan of the way it sounds. I like the clean alot, although i wish it were a bit louder, but i dont like the crunch and lead channels much.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by defeverything

im just wondering how the radko sounds. if they guy made a bad comparison, its not his fault he could hear things differently, ive never heard a CAE nor do i know much about them. Im just looking for something that sounds good, right now i have a voodoo lab preamp and im not a huge fan of the way it sounds. I like the clean alot, although i wish it were a bit louder, but i dont like the crunch and lead channels much.

What don't you like about the crunch and lead channels?

:confused:

• 5 years later...
  • Members

I used to have a Radko Cruncher 3+3 preamp, I loved it, bought it used from a store in San Diego. Had a power cord that looked like it came off a Kirby vacuum cleaner. I really liked it but I was in school at the time and had to part with it, I wish I didnt. If any of you are willing to part with yours let me know.

Archived