Midi Controller/Channel switching question

DarkCide

• Members

I currently have an Intelliverb which I plan running through the Powerball's FX loop which I'll be buying soon.

I would like to be able to switch the Intelliverb presets and be able to control the Powerball.

Here's what the ENGL site shows that can be controlled on the Powerball:

"CHI/II channel switch, Gain Lo/Hi, Sound style selector Open/Focused (affects all channels), Master A/B, switchable on the device or via two ENGL Z-4s or an ENGL Z-5 Custom Footswitch"

Which midi controller will allow me to control the Intelliverb and the Powerball?

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I don't think there's a floorboard with control functions / relays like you need. Unless you can make your amp MIDI capable. Otherwise you'll need something like the Axess CFX-4 or Sound Sculpture Footsim etc. G-System from TC is another option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's what the ENGL site shows that can be controlled on the Powerball:

"CHI/II channel switch, Gain Lo/Hi, Sound style selector Open/Focused (affects all channels), Master A/B, switchable on the device or via two ENGL Z-4s or an ENGL Z-5 Custom Footswitch"

It will only control two of the four. The Nobels might a better choice since it has four relays. Or you can look into effects units with two relays built in like the Rocktron Replifex or Multiverb, TC G-major, Roland GP-8 etc.

Jun

• Members

Ive got the MF-2 and it doesnt do CC commands unless it comes from external footswitches/expression pedals connected to the four jacks on the back of MF-2.

Just thought i might add that if youre interrested.

I dont use the MF-2 myself anymore,i got the Behringer FCB1010 and i would say its a bit better especially with the unofficial pc editor http://www.mtnsys.com/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm which makes it easy to program,beware though that many think its a pain to program the usual way,but i guess the MF-1 isnt better really.

Archived