1U rack pre-amp, marshall sound

digital

• Members

i'm looking for a 1u rack pre-amp with only one channel... just a basic marshall pre-amp like from a jtm45 or jcm... i already have a poweramp (reussenzehn 50)... i was thinking about the marshall jmp-1 but it has too many features and i don't need all those channels...

does it exist or does someone make it (custom work)?.. i can solder and already build a pedal or two but unless i don't have a plan/schematic that's very easy to follow i'm not gonna try...

• Members

I was told the Peavey Rockmaster can produce some marshally like tones. Its 3 channels.

Lee Jackson CP1000 preamp it only 2 channels but its suppose to have a pretty cool marshally tone. not very very highgain but witha boost pedal can get there no problem if you want it to.

hope that helps!

• Members

Rock Masters are great!! I have two of them even though my main pre is a Hughes&Kettner Access. If you find one that sounds very weak, it's the 5 effects loop jacks in the back that gets corroded. Either use a contact cleaner or use a few short 1/4" patch cables to 'jump' the loops.

Jun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just stumbled upon one today for 100 bucks. I'm using it through the effects loop of my 8100 and it still sound good! Imagine with a half-decent power amp how this monster will sound?? Freakin' Killer. I'm saving my money now to get a peavey classic 50/50.

Archived