DMC GCX questions

• Members

I can pick up one of these baby's for a good price, i have some questions. I allready have a Rocktron MIDImate footcontroller and a 5-pin midicable. Can i use this with the GCX without any problems? Second, i wish to use it in the FX loop of my Diezel VH4 head to switch some vintage non-midi effects. Should i use the buffered or the passive input for best results? (I'm new at this stuff...) Any other tips? Thank you.

• Members

Just use the Buffered input that says GTR in. The GCX is a killer Looper I have one and I couldn't be happier, totally transparent because the pedals are outof the signal path until they're activated:thu:

Yes you can hook you the Rocktron Controller no problem. It will phantom power it if it's a true 5 pin connection

• Members

So what midi-footcontrollers do you guys use with your GCX? I have a Rocktron MIDI-mate version 2, i have contacted both Voodoolab and Rocktron about compatibility, and it seems my V2 MIDImate will have control over only 5 of the loops on the GCX. (Version 1 would control all 8). I'm not planning on buying the Groundcontrol pro (I don't like the layout) and can't find an original groundcontrol here in the Netherlands, i doubt if they were ever made for the european market. So what are my other options for a MIDImate/groundcontrol style footcontroller without expression-pedals?

Archived