New Rack(sorta large pics)

• Members

Here's a picture of my new rack(I'm getting the all access sometime late this week or early next week)

Here's a pic of my old rack/head setup:

oldrack.jpg

5a_3.jpg

I sold all the pedals and plan to rely on the g-major and intellifex for most of my modulation needs

here's my rack now

NewRack2.JPG

during transport, the all access will reside in the bottom racktray. . .I can't wait:-D

• Members

Originally posted by Cowinacape

Question from a rack noob (considering joing the rack ranks myself) I notice that both your 50/50 and your head unit are fit rather tightly into their spots, do you have any problems with heat build up?

The Mark 4 is vented front to back, so that shouldn't be a heat problem...

And the 50/50 has a spacer below it and the GCX is a very short unit front to back, so venting shouldn't be a problem for him.

I would personally have kept the Mesa rack and used a rackmount kit for the Mark 4....:D

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

I would personally have kept the Mesa rack and used a rackmount kit for the Mark 4....
:D
Steve

When I was first toying around with the idea of overhauling my rig, I considered exactly that. . the only problem being that I've really grown partial to my markiv and it's a long head version, to make it rackmountable, I'd have had to place it on ebay and founda rackmount version(or the very least, a short head, which btw, a few and far between)

• Members

Originally posted by Cowinacape

I notice that both your 50/50 and your head unit are fit rather tightly into their spots

The first case I had for my mark iv, I submit the measurements 23"x9"x". . .being the excellent (student)engineering that I am, upon closer inspection, the head is 23.25":freak: . . .so yeah, it's snug in there, no doubt about it. . .infact, to get that bad boy in there, I had to relocate the verb tank cause it sort of hangs out of the enclosure. . .when I was placing the head in the case, I was putting all my weight to seat it in there. . .I cringe thinking having to take it out

Truth be told, I received the case last friday and have only seated the components, I haven't actually wired it up yet, I'm waiting for the Rocktron All Access to arrive before I finalize things; but having said that, I don't expect any heat issues. The mark iv has a very capable fan inside it and as previously mentioned is vented. . .add to that, I don't push the 50/50 very hard and that it too has a fair amount of space above and below, i don't expect many issues

• Members

Originally posted by oddone

i want to get some lights for my rack. how did you hook yours up btw? just ran a power cable behind? your new set up is very nice and i wouldnt mind taking that mesa rack off your hands as well.. if only i had the cash
:(

the lights are some 9 dollar units I bought at home depot; I just hacked around them till they fit snuggly into the rack. . .I plan to paint them black and secure them into the rack this week. . .The nice thing is they fit perfectly. . . .they're almost exactly the height and width of a rack component. . .when I was toying around with the idea, I was just concerned about induced noise but so far that's not been an issue.

If you ever become in a position to buy the rack, let me know. . .I was almost gonna sell it at a major loss to help supplement the bill of the new rack, but then I figured why get raped if I don't have to? I have a feeling it's going to be sitting in my garage unused for a while

• 3 weeks later...

Archived