JMP-1/preamp or head bottom

• Members

I'm looking for an opinion on which way to go shaping my setup. I'm currently using a Boss GT-8 for a preamp into a Marshall el34 50/50. IT can sound good for certain things but some tones are lacking. I have wondered about the JMP-1 vs getting a head such as a Splawn Competition. I am partial to the Marshall sound. Can the JMP-1 get the same snarl as the Competition or QR? I know the JMP-1 is probably more versitale overall. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

MR Hiwatt

• Members

Originally posted by mrhiwatt

I'm looking for an opinion on which way to go shaping my setup. I'm currently using a Boss GT-8 for a preamp into a Marshall el34 50/50. IT can sound good for certain things but some tones are lacking. I have wondered about the JMP-1 vs getting a head such as a Splawn Competition. I am partial to the Marshall sound. Can the JMP-1 get the same snarl as the Competition or QR? I know the JMP-1 is probably more versitale overall. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

MR Hiwatt

I've never tried one of those heads but since you have the poweramp already why not get the JMP-1? I've had mine for about 4-5 years and it's still my favorite amp.

Archived