Rack set up help

• Members

Hello all,

I was playing around with my setup today and found something out.

My usual setup is Marshall JMP1 master input--into R-L-input--TC Electronics G major-R-L--output--into--ADA Poweramp.

Now here's my problem, my poweramp always has to be turned up loud to get even a decent room jamming sound. I decided to plug my JMP 1 directly into the ADA. HOLY {censored}! The amp sounded great and LOUD! Quickly had to turn the thing down.

I was running my Jmp into the inputs of the Gmajor then the gmajor into the poweramp. The sound was ok, but really quiet and I checked the levels on the gmajor and set them where they are supposed to be.

As soon as I went from JMP to Poweramp it was awesome. Then I tried to run the g majopr into the effects loop of the Marshall hoping to retain the nice big loud sound. Well nice loud sound from the Marshall and ADA, but no gmajor.

What the hell did I do wrong, running it the way I did kind of sucks, I want the full power of the amp with the G major, how is it done???

Thanks

• Members

FWIW

I run my signal from a GCX Switcher into the input of my JMP-1, out JMP-1 effect loop to effects loop of a Rocktron Xpression back to jmp-1 right/left returns, then through my other rack gear (BBE, Hush) all stereo to to my Marshall EL-34 100/100 power amp out to either two cabs or one cab in stereo.

I have to check all my levels at the JPM-1 and xpression to ensure the tone/vsound/volume works for each - took some experimenting.

As the previous poster mentions - check your +4/-10 levels....

Archived