FCB1010 Programming Difficulty?

• Members

It is not hard if you know a little about MIDI note numbers etc. Except for a few of the global settings, patches can be created standing up.

The two controllers allow me to adjust master levels, delay feedback, pitch shifting etc. and the two relay switches come in handy for tap tempo or vibrato slow/fast.

The FCB1010 yahoo group is very active too. I really think it's the best pedal especially since you can get one used for under $100.

If you get one I can help you through the learning process.

Jun

• Members

I have a FCB1010 and it is pretty good. Does everything I need it too and I picked it up for like $150 CDN. For programming I just downloaded this program that makes everthing a breeze. Rather than going to through the hassel (ya its kind of a pain in the ass) of programming it manually.

I use it to control my Repliflex. Does everything from patch changes to delay amount, reverb amount, volume etc.. Good buy IMO. Cheers Lucius

• Members

Originally posted by Lucius

I have a FCB1010 and it is pretty good. Does everything I need it too and I picked it up for like $150 CDN. For programming I just downloaded this program that makes everthing a breeze. Rather than going to through the hassel (ya its kind of a pain in the ass) of programming it manually.

I use it to control my Repliflex. Does everything from patch changes to delay amount, reverb amount, volume etc.. Good buy IMO. Cheers Lucius

Where can I get a copy of the program?:cool:

• Members

I just bought the FCB1010 last week, $150 at GC. It is a very capable entry level midi controller. I've read the reviews and everyone has a story. Personally, I like it. Nice buttons, 2 exp pedals, metal chassis. Just dont expect it survive years of giging. You can buy a 3 year no questions asked replacement warranty for an extra $20. As far as programming goes, it is quite confusing for those that are learning midi. For those that just want to program patches I found this, http://www.mtnsys.com/faq-fcb/IdiotsGuide.htm Also, keep in mind that some units are just not capatable. My triaxis will not accept CC for the expression pedal. Hower, the G major interacts perfectly. If you have the cash, get a ground control pro or a rocktron all access, however the FCB1010 does a great job and is a great price.

• Members

Originally posted by Helldogg

DON'T get it! I had one they are a pain in the ass! Get a Rocktron. The fcb1010 is a total waste to hard to use any way to hard to deal with!

Trust me

I have one and it works great. However.. I don't program it at all... I just use it to change patches on my various midi controllable units. Preset 01-01 on the FCB1010 will select preset 1A on an effects unit... preset 01-02 will select 2A and so forth.... it doesn't matter which one. V-Amp PRO, POD PRO, Roland GP-8.. I do know how to program it if I want to but I have'nt found it necessary... One thing to keep in mind is... the firmware has to be at least the 2.4 chip or something .. I cant remember...

• Members

I had a FCB1010 for about a month.....it was a little difficult to grasp the programming. You kinda just one day say, "wow, I got it". The problem I encountered was that it could only send two CC msg's and I bought a GCx switcher to control the loops of several pedals I have on a shelf in my rack. Using the pc based editor though made it pretty simple. On the yahoo group (maybe looper's delight forum) there is a way mentioned to control Guitar Rig - I believe I remeber someone saying you have to use NOTE commands....been awhile.

I ended up getting a Rocktron All Access which is way better and allows me to do WAY more with my gear. Currently it controls a Rocktron Xpression, JMP-1, GCX Switcher, Digitech Whammy, Echoplex and when I feel saucy I connect my laptop via an Edirol Fa-66. I also get two expression pedal outs to control effects as well.

Archived