Spam: VooDoo modded JMP-1

• Members

Before it goes on the bay:

I've got too much gear, and not enough gigging to justify.

This JMP-1 was modded by Trace at VooDoo amps.

These are my impressions after I first got it, good and bad:

The EQ section is way more effective, lots more tonal variations available than before. Big improvement.

The low end, while never very big with the JMP-1 is tighter with no "woof", it's still less low end than I would like to see in this preamp, but hey you can't have everything. Mild improvement.

OD1- 100% better than before for the metal-head in us all, it's a more in your face cutting rhythm crunch with loads more saturation. With the stock JMP-1 you could forget about a good metal riff in this channel, now you can with ease. Huge improvement!

OD2- A bit more gain, and with the EQ improvement you can get a better singing lead tone than before, has more "silk" in it.

Good improvement.

Clean1 & 2- Since I haven't explored the differences in these 2 so I'll comment overall. Lots more headroom, Vox big & bright clean tones. The mod price is worth it just for this. I would have liked to have had one of these channels left alone tonally, with just the headroom improvement, and the other into this Vox sounding, just to give it more versatility.

50% GIANT improvement 50% overdid it.

These have been selling in the $500-600 range on Ebay for a while, the mod from VooDoo is $295, plus shipping both ways and wait times.

Even though I have a couple of negative comments in my review, it is still hands above a stock JMP-1, I'm just too picky.....lol

Snatch this one up for:

SOLD

Here is what VooDoo does to it:

MARSHALL JMP-1 PREAMP

Specs:

Recommended for clean/blues/rock/metal/heavy players

Archived