TC M300 and Triaxis with huge latency...

• Members

Has anyone used this combination and run into this problem. I'm not talking about in patch changes. I'm talking about the time between the pick striking the strings and the sound coming out of the speaker cab.

I run a simple rig: triaxis, m300, mesa 20/20 power amp into a mesa stereo 2X12 cab. I have run this combination directly out of the tri and into the m300 in series. I have put the m300 in the tri's fx loop and I have even split the signal so one channel goes directly from the tri to the poweramp and the other goes into the m300. Any way I run this there is incredible latency--almost like a slap back delay--but no sound on the pick strike.

When I run the tri completely dry into the 20/20 there is no latency, and when I run it through the m300 on bypass there is no latency.

I used to run this setup with an Engl 530 preamp and there were never any issues. Does it have something to do with the digital in the tri and the Engl being fully analog?

Any help would be wonderful!!

Mike

• Members

sounds like the fx loop. Try going straight into the FX processor from the outs of the tri and out from the FX into the poweramp (!!! make sure you set levels correctly !!)

that's what I had to do with my tri at first - sounded a little wierd (as in alot of EQ tweaking) but worked OK until I got the loop fixed.

edited to add:

ahhh. I didn't read fully - sounds like you tried that. Dude that is totally weird ....

• Members

Originally posted by miker2c

Has anyone used this combination and run into this problem. I'm not talking about in patch changes. I'm talking about the time between the pick striking the strings and the sound coming out of the speaker cab.

I run a simple rig: triaxis, m300, mesa 20/20 power amp into a mesa stereo 2X12 cab. I have run this combination directly out of the tri and into the m300 in series. I have put the m300 in the tri's fx loop and I have even split the signal so one channel goes directly from the tri to the poweramp and the other goes into the m300. Any way I run this there is incredible latency--almost like a slap back delay--but no sound on the pick strike.

When I run the tri completely dry into the 20/20 there is no latency, and when I run it through the m300 on bypass there is no latency.

I used to run this setup with an Engl 530 preamp and there were never any issues. Does it have something to do with the digital in the tri and the Engl being fully analog?

Any help would be wonderful!!

Mike

I had the M300 but got rid of it becuase there is a huge dropout when switching between some patches. If your Engl had a parallel effects loop then you wouldn't have noticed the dropout. This issue has been discussed in the User reviews of the M300. great reverb unit (actually one of the best I have ever heard) but those dropouts make it pretty much useless for a simple setup. Cheers Lucius

Archived