Wah with a rack?

• Members

Is there any way to get a wah infront of my amp without having to run 2 20' instrument cables from my wireless to my amp's input? I know of the rackmounted crybaby wah but is there any other way to do this? :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by leelee

Is there any way to get a wah infront of my amp without having to run 2 20' instrument cables from my wireless to my amp's input? I know of the rackmounted crybaby wah but is there any other way to do this?
:freak:

No, the cheapest alternative that I know of is the Crybaby Rack Wah.

Wes

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

build your wireless and tuner into a BIG pedal board. That would be cool.

this has a rack tuner built into the board I think.

Footboard+Flightcase.jpg

Holy {censored} I can't justify having that now can I? :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Boltino

No, the cheapest alternative that I know of is the Crybaby Rack Wah.

Wes

I see, would a buffer after the wah like the VHT valvulator help get back the loss of highs from the long lead wire?

• Members

I see, would a buffer after the wah like the VHT valvulator help get back the loss of highs from the long lead wire?

buffers and wahs are apparently funny together. The solution is to put the wah before the buffer I heard.

I could be wrong though.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

buffers and wahs are apparently funny together. The solution is to put the wah before the buffer I heard.

I could be wrong though.

Cool, I'll look into this problem. Anyone else have input? :)

• Members

Only other option is a Midi controlled wah in a multi fx rack processor of some kind. Cable runs are therefore obviously kept to a minimum but the actual routing would depend on what gear you have etc.

Depending on the unit, this might solve your tuning issue in the other topic as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Gorgon90

Only other option is a Midi controlled wah in a multi fx rack processor of some kind. Cable runs are therefore obviously kept to a minimum but the actual routing would depend on what gear you have etc.

Depending on the unit, this might solve your tuning issue in the other topic as well.

The Dunlop rackmount crybaby the only rack wah I know of. I do not know of any other rack mounted wahs that are midi capable with good quality and relatively the same price as the crybaby. Do you have any suggestions?

• Members

Yes a buffer would help. I'm not familiar with best placement in relation to wah though. Both my main guitars have active pickups so long cable runs are not as much of an issue for me. Good Luck.

Wes

• Members

The Dunlop rackmount crybaby the only rack wah I know of. I do not know of any other rack mounted wahs that are midi capable with good quality and relatively the same price as the crybaby. Do you have any suggestions?

I don't know any other pure wah rackmounted units other than the Dunlop either. What I was referring to was a rack mounted multi effects unit with a wah simulator in it.

The other guitarist in my old band had a Lexicon MPX-G2 multi fx unit with matching floor board (R1?) which featured a Cry Baby model. It took him some time to tweak it to his liking but when he did it was as good a wah sound as I'd heard from any standard wah floor unit.

The great thing with his Lexicon was the routing options. By combining the fx loops on his amp and multifx he could place what pedal/effects he wanted before or after the amp's preamp as desired.

I remember a discussion a long time ago in one of the guitar forums about a guy who was using a Boss GX-700 in a similar way with a Marshall or Mesa half stack and was also very happy with his wah sound.

Hope this helps.

• Members

Originally posted by Gorgon90

I don't know any other pure wah rackmounted units other than the Dunlop either. What I was referring to was a rack mounted multi effects unit with a wah simulator in it.

The other guitarist in my old band had a Lexicon MPX-G2 multi fx unit with matching floor board (R1?) which featured a Cry Baby model. It took him some time to tweak it to his liking but when he did it was as good a wah sound as I'd heard from any standard wah floor unit.

The great thing with his Lexicon was the routing options. By combining the fx loops on his amp and multifx he could place what pedal/effects he wanted before or after the amp's preamp as desired.

I remember a discussion a long time ago in one of the guitar forums about a guy who was using a Boss GX-700 in a similar way with a Marshall or Mesa half stack and was also very happy with his wah sound.

Hope this helps.

I've never been happy with a wah in the effects loop. I use a Lexicon MPX1 for effects which has a wah that can be midi controlled. I've never been a fan of the way it sounds. The G2 may let you put the wah in front of your amp, I don't have any experience with that. It really depends how picky you are about your wah sound. If you use it alot, The Dunlop rack wah is awesom. Otherwise, I'd just run your wah in-line in front of your rack.

Wes

• Members

I just thought of an idea.

Would it be feasible if I rackmounted my gt6 in a drawer and plugged it before the amp, and used my multivalve in the loop of my amp. Can I control the Wah sims with my own expression pedal connected to the midimate instead of using the expression pedal that's already on the gt6? :confused::eek::freak:

Archived