Almost there!

• Members

Waiting on an ISP Decimator ProRackG w/ stereo mod, Axess GRX4, MXR EVH90 phaser, Pedal Pad AXS and that should do it!

newrig.jpg

List of stuff in there

Peterson Strobostomp

Ibanez FL9 Flanger

Rocktron Banshee

Rocktron All Access

Lehle D-Loop

Digitech Whammy

Dunlop DCR-2SR rack wah

ADA MP-1 w/ Mod4MkII mod

Triaxis

TC G-Force

Rane SM26B

ADA Microcab

Mesa 2:90

2 Marshall 1960A cabs w/ V30's and G12T-75's X-patterned

Couple of miles of Lava cable :D

• Members

Originally posted by Duke of Metal

OUCH! thats a big rack. Please tell me you have roadies. cause just looking at that rack hurts my back
:D
:D

But i am sure it sounds excellent.!

Cheers

Thanks Duke. No roadies, but my drummer is a bodybuilder so I'll make him lift it. :p

Yes, the more I dial it in, the more it makes me smile. :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by dmk

nice setup!

you find that the ibanez flanger is better than anything on the g-force?

IMO the fl9 is THE best flanger money can buy.

:thu:

Thanks! The G-Force flanger sucks. I use it for verbs, delay, chorus (which I'm still on the fence about), and pitch where it excels. I like that old school "Unchained" swoosh and you just can't get it from the G-Force. Truthfully, I don't think you can get that sound running them post-preamp. The Ibanez along with the EVH90 and Whammy are going in loops as soon as my GRX4 gets here.

Before someone asks, the reason the whammy is there along with the G-Force is for 1 song we do, "Killing in the Name Of". Since I run the G-Force parallel into a mixer, I can't get that straight octave up lead that he gets any other way. All the other pitch stuff I use the G-Force for.

• Members

Originally posted by dmtnt

Thanks! The G-Force flanger sucks. I use it for verbs, delay, chorus (which I'm still on the fence about), and pitch where it excels. I like that old school "Unchained" swoosh and you just can't get it from the G-Force. Truthfully, I don't think you can get that sound running them post-preamp.

Hey, I'm kinda in the same boat. I want a flanger sound like on VH's Unchained and Ain't Talkin About Love but I can't get it. I've tried a number of flangers and I own the much coveted ADA flanger but I can't get anywhere near the sound (especially with the intensity). However, I haven't tried the Ibanez/Maxon flanger or the origingal MXR flanger with the power cord. So you say that you don't think you can get the sound post preamp?? I'm actually pretty eager to try an old MXR as I've heard the effect can get the VH effect pretty good and sounds good with distortion

• Members

Thanks Duke. No roadies, but my drummer is a bodybuilder so I'll make him lift it.
:p

Yes, the more I dial it in, the more it makes me smile.
:cool:

hahaha.. nice! I shouldnt really be complaining as I am up to a 10 space rack rig. Its a 6 space and a 4 space.

6 Space:

- ART power Conditioner

- ADA MP-1 3TM

- Rocktron Replifex

- Rockman SmartGate

4 Space:

- VHT 2502

I may end up racking the ISP Decimator pedal in the 6 space rack if I like it and keep it. It'll be used before the MP-1.

Pedal Board:

- Dunlop Dime Crybaby DB-01

- MXR Microamp

- Rolls Midi Mate midi controller

So as you see, my rig isnt as small as it used to be before.

anyways.. now we want to hear clips :D

Cheers

P.S. Now you have to post this on the adadepot.com's board so the guys there can see it. :thu: :thu:

• Members

Code-001 - I haven't had a chance to play with any of the Rocktron multifx although I have been looking for an Xpression or a Replifex to play around with. The nice thing about the Rocktron stuff is the ability to keep your dry signal analog. With the TC stuff, it goes through A/D conversions no matter what and to me that always adds a slight harshness that I can't dial out. Hence the line mixer.

boogieman_dan, I haven't tried the Digitech, but as I understand it the G-Force's strength over the Replifex is going to be the pitch shift and maybe the verbs/delays. From what I've heard the Rocktron's modulation fx are warmer, probably from keeping the signal analog. The G-Force's chorus isn't thrilling me personally, but I need to tweak it some more.

• Members

boogieman_dan, I haven't tried the Digitech, but as I understand it the G-Force's strength over the Replifex is going to be the pitch shift and maybe the verbs/delays. From what I've heard the Rocktron's modulation fx are warmer, probably from keeping the signal analog. The G-Force's chorus isn't thrilling me personally, but I need to tweak it some more.

Thanks for the info. I really like the DHP-55/Replifex combo, it gives me just about anything you could think of. I get the great modulations, amp channel switching, EQ and useable verb and delay from the Rocktron and 5-part intelligent or chromatic pitch shifting, string pad, a programmable filter, multi-tap/stereo delays, compression and more from the Digitech.

Oh well, I guess I'm still on the lookout for a all-in-one 1 rack space processor that can do everything my current setup does.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

dude, I'm so sick of wallwarts.
:mad:
I hate mine.

i hate yours too in the close up. sorry.
:(

otherwise, that's killer. triaxis + Mp-1 + 2:90 is every sound I need.

Me too!!! :mad: There actually a DC Brick hiding behind the Whammy that powers the D.Loop, the flanger, and phaser that's coming. The wallwarts are for everything else that's weird voltage and of course the DC Brick's wallwart. :rolleyes:

The only sound I can't get from the Triaxis is that boosted JCM800 tone that I can get easily from the MP-1. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by dmk

does the voltage reg. make much difference? been toying with the idea for a while

Glorified power strip IMO. I got a phenomenal deal on the Monster 2500 unit that's in there otherwise I would've gotten the same el cheapo Furman that I have in my other smaller rig.

The one nice thing about it is that it'll tell you when there's abnormal power or a ground fault. Eliminates some of the finger-pointing from club owners who swear their place is wired properly. :rolleyes::D

Archived