Screws

• Members

Originally posted by SammyT

Ok, this is as stupid as it sounds.

Im gettin a Gator case, will screws be included with that? Like washers and what not too?

Or do they come with what Im gonna put in it?

skb stuff usually comes with hardware. you should be fine. sweetwater music has all that stuff though if you need it.

• Members

Another Q.

Im gettin a Power Regulator (PSU), and it uses IEC(UK-Kettle Type) Plugs, will it come with the cables to go from that to the hardware units?

It doesnt say much on the net descriptions.

• Members

It should come with screws, but if it doesn't, do no get the button head cap screws for allen(internal hex) heads. Cap screws and the like are case hardened, which means they are designed to produce/handle a certain amount of clamping forces. The problem is they are weak in the shear, or side load which is what your gear tries to do when you drop your rack or set it down hard. fasteners that are too hard can fracture, thus allowing your gear to move inside the rack.

For my gigging rack I use (caution: Expensive) stainless steel tamper resistant torx screws. They cost about $4 a screw and use a special tool to tighten or loosen. But at least who ever rips my gear is going to go through some trouble getting the gear out of the rack!

TheGrooveking

Archived