Recommendations needed

• Members

Originally posted by vmanmurph

My rackmount ART Multiverb finally gave up the ghost. What would you guys recommend to replace it? Thanks Frank

Hey,

You looking to get a stand alone reverb unit? or a full effects unit? and how much are you looking to spend?

Cheers

• Members

Something about the same. A rackmount multieffect unit. Price???

Frank

If your mainly looking for a really good reverb tone but wouldnt mind having other effects handy, you could check into the Rocktron Intellifex.

It only has:

- Delay

- Reverb

- Chorus

- PitchShifer

- Hush

But does those 4 effects very very well. Lots of parameters to tweek and excellent quility tone wise. I've seen them sell for as low as $125usd and higher.

Another unit you could look into is the Rocktron Replifex, which has alot more effects than the Intellifex but less Parameters to tweek on it. Or you could check the new Rocktron unit called the Xpression. Which is pretty much the same as the replifex but with less features... but same effects and parameters I believe.

Cheers

• Members

What do you guys think of the

1 Lexicon MX-200

2. Alesis Midiverb 4

3. T.C. Electronics M-300

Any and all ideas helpful.

Thanks

Frank

hey Frank,

Sorry man.. I've never used any of those units, but I'd probebly try the T.C. M300 or the Lexicon.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The M300 is a pretty good piece. You can use it with separate effects loops, or a single loop.

I've no experience with the MX-200, but it's baby brother is a passable piece.

I hate the Midiverb 4 - steer clear.

The TC M2000 is a nice piece, and affordable when bought used. Unlike the M300, either engine can produce any of the effects or verbs in the unit.

The TC M100 is very good as well, but the presets save both engines together (unless I missed something).

• Members

Originally posted by Duke of Metal

hey Frank,

Sorry man.. I've never used any of those units, but I'd probebly try the T.C. M300 or the Lexicon.

Cheers

I had the M-300 for about 2 weeks. best reverb I've ever had but there was a huge dropout when switching patches (like 1/2 sec when switching). Had to take it back. Great for the studio, not so much for a live guitar app. Cheers Lucius

Archived