midi switching a stomp box

• Members

Is there a device that I can buy that will enable me to MIDI switch a stomp box on and off or bypass the stomp box on and off?

I use the FCB-1010 controller and I have a JMP-1, GMajor setup and I use the Boss SD-1 pedal but I wish I could get it to engage or disengage somehow with the press of a patch on my foot controller.

Thanks in advance,

Engin

• Members

Wow! That looks great. My FCB-1010 has two relays and so does my GMajor. I think that I can hook up to the "foot switch" jack with my foot controller.

I think I can do exactly what I intended with this unit. Anyone know a good place to purchase these?

Engin

• Members

Don't know if the Boss has a latching switch or not but if it is, it might be possible to mod it to connect to one of the latching relays sockets on your FCB1010.

The Nobels solution tats_dragon suggested is probably easier and more effective.

I use a Laney Babelswitch myself which is a 1U rack unit with four latching relays for switching operations and two switchable effect loops I can use wherever in the signal chain. One of these (if you can find one - they're rare), would also do the job.

• Members

THe sound sculpture abcadabra is a midi controlled effects loop(true bypass) with specific functions and capabilities the axess units don't have. It's also a midi controlled a/b box. You can insert/bypass with program changes and cc#. No programming required.

I'm selling one for VERY cheap here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280010056574

http://www.soundsculpture.com/products/pt_abcadabra.htm

Lol ironically I used it to insert/bypass an sd-1 through midi too. I'm selling for a lot cheaper than they sell new, and it's brand new. Don't mean to spam, but it's exactly what you want.

Archived