Wanting to try rack units, need help with midi control ideas and whatnot

williamh

• Members

I'd like to get a rack set up with an alesis midiverb 4, and an eventide eclipse. Would it be possible to use one midi controller to control both of them? What midi controller would be recommended to do this? Also, for anyone who's familiar with the eclipse...theres a couple jacks where you can attach footswitches, could one of these be programmed to be tap tempo for the delay on this unit? Any help you guys can give would be great.

• Members

If both units have midi in and at least one has a midi thru port then yes, a single midi controller can control both units. I have no experience with either unit so can't comment on the jack sockets on the eclipse, sorry.

Behringer FCB1010 is not only cheap but is actually one of the best and most versatile midi controllers on the market so that would be my recommendation if you're starting from scratch. Also unlike a lot of Behringer gear, they're reported to be well built and reliable.

Good luck with it.

• Members

ive heard nothing but he opposite about the behringers...i just bought an ebay auction that has a ground control PRO and ground control original...I'm going to be selling the original so if youre interested lemme know...im getting my rack back together now but i used to run a gcx audio switcher w midiverb 4 and tons of pedals in it...and i used to control everything with a ground control (old version) one button to completely change my sound. it was awesome.

• Members

The Behringer FCB1010 with all the features is the best deal for MIDI footcontrollers. With two relays and two expression pedals built in, which the ground control doesn't have, you can control the channels on your non MIDI amp or preamp and control parameters on your Eclipse.

Jun

• Members

the ground control PRO does have 2 expression jacks.

.....which adds over $100 to the total for exp pedals and insert cables.

The ground control doesn't have programmable relays either.

As Gorgan originally wrote, the FCB1010 is the best bang for your buck ($150) when it come to features.

Jun

Archived