anyone use the PV rockmaster? 3 questions

• Members

1. The Rock Master doesn't have MIDI but you can control the channels via relays. i.e. Behringer FCB1010, TC G-major, Axess electronics CFX4

2. Almost any tube amp will sound good. Don't forget a decent speaker/cab

3. I doubt it. There are too many in circulation.

Jun

• Members

I just bought one, I really have no idea what I'm in for??

1. is it midi controlled?

2. what a good power amp for it?

3. do you think these will be collectable one day?

I see from your amp sig, you like the peavey series. You won't be disappointed with the rockmaster. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

I see from your amp sig, you like the peavey series. You won't be disappointed with the rockmaster. Cheers, Lucius

Thanks Jun! I just bought the CFX4 for other midi controlled stuff I have. I also Have a AXESS midi foot switch, (I think he makes great stuff!) I hope to make just a rack rig, I have a 10 spacer fill with other gear. NO MORE HEADS!!!

BUT, yeah I like crunch of the PV's, I hope the line out is also good for recording?

• Members

Thanks Jun! I just bought the CFX4 for other midi controlled stuff I have. I also Have a AXESS midi foot switch, (I think he makes great stuff!) I hope to make just a rack rig, I have a 10 spacer fill with other gear. NO MORE HEADS!!!

BUT, yeah I like crunch of the PV's, I hope the line out is also good for recording?

I think you quoted the wrong guy, but anyways, the line out on the rockmaster is not a good stand along recording rig. I would pick up a decent cab modeler. I use the Behringer Vamp Pro when I want to DI to the mixer or recording interface (using the rockmaster as my pre). For $150 you get a tonne of options. But there are many different scenarios that can accomadate the rockmaster to a recording interface. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

I think you quoted the wrong guy, but anyways, the line out on the rockmaster is not a good stand along recording rig. I would pick up a decent cab modeler. I use the Behringer Vamp Pro when I want to DI to the mixer or recording interface (using the rockmaster as my pre). For $150 you get a tonne of options. But there are many different scenarios that can accomadate the rockmaster to a recording interface. Cheers, Lucius

Yeah sorry I did quote the wrong guy..

But I kinda figured the line out wouldn't be that good, because they suck on the heads! I'm pretty sure the XXX, JSX and ultra 120 is close to the same pre amp as the rockmaster...

• Members

Yeah, I was just wondering whats a good power amp to push my cabs? I play with a full stack of the old school PV M-series with the 85 watt celestions.

I push them pretty hard when playing a show.

I've used a Mesa 50/50 with my Rock Master and it works well, it'll definitely push two cabs with ease. The Peavey Classic poweramps are supposed to be well regarded as well.

• Members

I've used a Mesa 50/50 with my Rock Master and it works well, it'll definitely push two cabs with ease. The Peavey Classic poweramps are supposed to be well regarded as well.

I gotta look into the mesa's, really all power amps.. I just sold a mesa stiletto so I have about $1200 to work with. I dont think I really need a stereo power amp? BUT, I would also like a 12 space rack. something nicer, like a shock mount one? I have the G-Force, and a ton of other rack gear, from noise gates, to wireless, just a more safe rack for the shows...

But thanks for all the advice!

(I'm a total N-00-b with the power and pre amps):confused:

Archived