G Major has problems... Need alternatives.

subenius

• Members

So basically after fairly rigorous trial and error, the G Major, though cool, does not stand up to the road test. 1 out of ever 5 shows played - thing would reboot mid song, and when it came back to life all programs would be lost... {censored} this thing... I seriously wish I had 600-700 to spend on a used G Force. Anyone who can recommend an alternative is my friend.

frustrated.

• Members

There's been a lot of Rocktron love on this forum. Hardly ever see the stuff over here in the UK but as you're in the US I'd look for an Intellifex or Replifex in your situation.

Also, depending on your needs my old Alesis Quadraverb GT never crapped out once in 100 plus gigs and you can pick them up dirt cheap on ebay these days.

Good luck whatever you do.

• Members

Many, many posts on this topic, discussed to death. :)

I've owned:

Rocktron Intellifex, Rocktron Xpression, G-Force, Digitech IPS-33B, Digitech 2112

All are adequate for effects and have good one's. The G-Force being the best of the lot of what I've had.

Rocktron stuff is built rock solid and has great support. You can also check out (depending on your budget)

Axe-FX, Eventide and Lexicon.

• Members

I'm using a Digitech TSR24S now and love it. I found it for $135.00. It does everything and sounds great. I also have a Quadraverb 2 and that thing is really cool, too.

I used a Quadraverb for years and loved that until it died. I bought it from a live sound co., so who knows what abuse it saw. I replaced my Quadrverb with a TC M-One and really liked that, but then I moved onto a G-Major and hated it. I had an Intellifex way back, but it comes up short on the number of FX. Also, check out the Rocktron Replifex or Multivalve.

Digitech, Alesis, and Rocktron stuff goes for $100.-$200., from what I've seen.

Good luck,

Scott

• Members

Many, many posts on this topic, discussed to death.
:)

I've owned:

Rocktron Intellifex, Rocktron Xpression, G-Force, Digitech IPS-33B, Digitech 2112

All are adequate for effects and have good one's. The G-Force being the best of the lot of what I've had.

Rocktron stuff is built rock solid and has great support. You can also check out (depending on your budget)

Axe-FX, Eventide and Lexicon.

Eventide sounds great, but the user interface is frustrating at best. It's musical as hell, but it's easy to spend more time programming than playing your instrument when you rack one of those into your rig.

• Members

I've also heard Eventide takes a lot of understanding to tweak.

You'll be happy with an Xpression. It has quality effects and covers almost anything that you'll want (noise gate, delay, verb, chorus, tremolo, flange...etc.)

The only thing I thought sucked on it was the cab sim and the pitch but the other effects were great for the price and it is unbelievably easy to tweak

• Members

I've also heard Eventide takes a lot of understanding to tweak.

You'll be happy with an Xpression. It has quality effects and covers almost anything that you'll want (noise gate, delay, verb, chorus, tremolo, flange...etc.)

The only thing I thought sucked on it was the cab sim and the pitch but the other effects were great for the price and it is unbelievably easy to tweak

I found the same though some of the programing was more difficult than the gmajor

Archived