G-Force advanced tips and tricks manual

simeon

• Members

hello chaps!

i've decided to go ahead and create an advanced "tips and tricks" manual for the g-force

it will contain many examples of how to set up specific effects, like tape delay, leslie simulation, shimmer effects etc, which will have audio examples to listen to and parameters which you can program into your own unit. i will go into detailed explanations of how to use the mod matrix to achieve exciting, dynamic sounds...how to use midi control to achieve morphing presets...how to use side chains to achieve new, multi-layered sounds and much more...I'll also give in-depth explanations of how to achieve things like spillover, how to set balance levels between presets, how to configure the unit for different rig set-ups etc...basically everything you need to know to get the best out of the unit.

i plan to make three versions available - a download...a download with 20 extra patches of my creation included...and a cd version.

i'm only at the planning stage at the moment, so i've set up a "sponge" page which you can find here

the purpose of this page is twofold..

firstly, it will give me some indication of the level of interest that's out there.

secondly, it will enable you guys to have some input into this thing and enable me to make sure that i don't leave anything important out.

all those who leave their email addresses will be notified when the manual becomes available and will also be eligible for a discount.

i can't go into pricing at the moment, because it will depend partly on the level of interest and i have to some more research on similar products to see what would be a reasonable price point.

i'll post occasional updates here when i've got something interesting to say about it.

many thanks!

sim

i've cross-posted this at TGP, hugeracksinc and the yahoo g-force users group

moderators - if you think i've put this in the wrong forum, or if this post is in any way inappropriate, please accept my apologies.

• Members

Cool beans Sim. Hope the daddy life is going well.

Albeit 6 months too late for me. :( I sold mine and bought an Axe FX Ultra.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciated the help and tips you gave me on the yahoo group, but the Axe... user group, patches, editor and support far outweigh what is available for the G-Force.

• Members

I wonder how much of this will cross reference with the g-major... Any idea?

not really...i don't have a g-major...

a lot of the routing stuff obviously won't apply as the chains are fixed in the major, i think

you won't be able to program in or upload the patches into the major either, so i doubt it will be that much use, sorry!

sim

Archived