Vintage multi-FX: Roland SDE-2500 or Boss SE-50?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Rocktron Replifex. Best piece of gear I've added to my already big pile of gear in a long, long time. For vintage delay's, flange, phase, chorus & Rotory it's great plus it can do amp swithching. $250 on Ebay. You won't regret it.

+1 Cheers, Lucius

• Members

For delay and chorus consider the VF-1 instead of the SE-50. The amp sims are mostly horrible but you can stay away from them completely and just use the time based effects. Modulation effects are great and for delay it's superb. It has a really good RE201 simulator and a 20 tap delay of up to 2.8 seconds per tap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, as long as we're avoiding the options the man's asking for I'd suggest Chandlers delay, hard to beat that one and harder to find it but it's the best damn delay I've ever heard. For chorus, Roland/boss is know for the good ones they make.

• Members

For delay and chorus consider the
instead of the SE-50. The amp sims are mostly horrible but you can stay away from them completely and just use the time based effects. Modulation effects are great and for delay it's superb. It has a really good RE201 simulator and a 20 tap delay of up to 2.8 seconds per tap.

the only thing i didn't like about the VF-1 was having to stomp four times for tap tempo delay. Other than that the unit is very good.

Another unit it consider is the big brother of the SE-50, Roland RSP-550. Similar parameters with less noise and better sound.

Jun

Archived