Xpression: how does "delay spillover" actually work?

Yek

• Members

I'm looking into the Xpression from Rocktron, as a replacement for my (excellent) Intelliverb. The Xpression has delay spillover. I'm wondering: how does this actually work?

a) Suppose I switch from preset 1 to preset 2. Preset 1 has delay activated (with spillover ON), 2 doesn't. Are only the delay trails carried over in preset 2, or are new delays created as well in preset 2 because of Spillover ON in preset 1?

b) Suppose I switch from preset 3 to preset 4. Preset 3 has a long delay (with spillover ON), 4 has a short delay. Delay trails of preset 1 are carried over I presume, but does the spillover also ruin the delay settings of preset 2? In that case spillover would not be very useful when switching between presets with different delay parameters would it?

Who knows? :confused:

• Members

From what I've gathered, your spillover channels will act as if you've simply stopped playing. No new delays should be created. I would also assume that going from a patch with spillover delay to a patch without wouldn't cause problems, but that might depend on the specific unit and how many different effects it can play at one time.

Archived