Acoustic Guitar Rack. Help?

• Members

So,

I'm backing off of electric in my band. We've got two other guys for that. I'm going to set my sights on really digging into a great acoustic tone. I've got "decent" stuff. The band tours full time, so this is all I do. If you've been on the road for an extended period of time, you know that efficiency and easiness is the key. Hence, the rack.

I'm looking to rack my acoustic gear. I've already got a 10-space rack. I own a Presonus BlueTube DP preamp, a JDI Direct Box, furman power conditioner, Sennheiser wireless guitar system, Sonic Maximizer (rack unit), and great cables. I've got the beginnings but want to step everything up a bit.

I've got decent guitars: '98 Taylor 314-CE (standard Fishman pickup), Seagull Artist Series (LR Baggs I-Beam Duet pickup), John Lennon Model Epiphone (LR Baggs Dual Source pickup) and in the next 6 months, hopefully, picking up a '93 Taylor 914-CE Jumbo Maple(Fishman, I believe).

I fully believe, unless persuaded otherwise, that you can have decent guitars and still make them sound absolutely amazing. Now, nothing beats having a great expensive guitar, but most everyone can't spend $5,000 on an acoustic. Especially if you're in a band.

So, my question lies with anyone who can help in starting this process. I see this forum as one that involves questions and answers. I need to know from anyone, what is some great gear to start racking for my acoustic set-up. I'm looking into an Avalon U5 but if there's something better, let's hear about it. I think I could use a compressor in there somewhere. Know of a good one? These are the things I want to talk about.

Thanks to everyone!!!!

Blessings,

Wes

Rush Of Fools

Archived