Rats love racks

• Members

Mink lived to just over two years. An abcess (possibly caused by a pitutary tumor) was what ended up killing her.

I had a blue rat, Lacey, that died in December. She had an inoperable tumor that invaded her digestive system. She lived just shy of two years.

In general, it gets really difficult to keep them healthy after that two year mark.

• Members

In general, it gets really difficult to keep them healthy after that two year mark.

We had rats for a few years- six rats total, and with one exception (infection after a vet visit) they all lived to just over two.

I never got any good rats-on-my-gear pictures, but I do have a few of rats and my laptop. One of 'em even took a turn in Heroes Of Might And Magic IV. (The rat used the mouse...) Our cat was scared of them, too, except our hairless rat, who seemed to get along with the cat just fine. :D

• Members

Ive had a few rats, one was a dwarf that lost all its hair. I think she was manic, used to think her tale was garbage/paper and would try clean it up and nest with it, she died bald at about the 2 year mark stuck to a jelo candy. The one i had after that lived to 2 years as well, got a tumour in his ass that was about 300 grams. He was big to begin with then the tenis ball sized tumour just destroyed him.

My first rat however, was lazy as {censored}, lived for about 3 years actually. He died in a freak washing machine accident, climbed into a pile of clothes that were going to be washed... and yeah. He was real clean though at the end of it all... was pretty {censored}ed up, I was cut. After him I stopped letting my rats run around the house (he used to always come back and was more like a dog).

edit: after all this i bought a chihuahua... just another big rat with a longer life span.

Archived