Ok back again with more questions :) Triaxis and G-Force hook up.

• Members

Ok here is my deal and problem in a nutshell:

so I have my G-force running between my TA and my

poweramp(20/20). Able to get tone every thing is fine. I get signal

levels in my G-Force and tone/signal from my Triaxis. right now I do

not have the 7 pin cable yet so I am just using the Ground control pro

to switch my G-force settings and waiting for the 7 pin to hook it up

to the triaxis.

But I can't figure out how to get the FX to come thru the Triaxis? I

found my sweet spot for cleans and have a really nice preset on the

g-force for chorus effect with some add-ons but can't get any effect.

The manual for the TA, does not go in depth on the FX loop other than

telling you press here an you can set up all the FX loop settings you

want, but does not have a section on what those SW 1234 and then the

little green LED below them do?? I have Killdry off on the G-Force,

(when I turned that on it cut the signal :) ). The manual says some

thing about the Master being and FX level, but I tried that all the

way up and still no effects.

Any suggestions on the best way to connect the G-Force to the TA, and what settings in I/O do I need to get this baby working. I will worry about channel and FX switching with the GC Pro when I get my 7 pin midi cable. :(

I also tried just using the FX loop with G-force and still nothing, but I know it works as when I hooked up a simple boss stereo super chorus I got a nice chorus added to it. SO I am at a loss :(:confused::confused:

Much appreciated in advance guys!! Thanks :)

• Members

to the triaxis.

(when I turned that on it cut the signal
:)
). The manual says some

Any suggestions on the best way to connect the G-Force to the TA, and what settings in I/O do I need to get this baby working. I will worry about channel and FX switching with the GC Pro when I get my 7 pin midi cable.
:(

I also tried just using the FX loop with G-force and still nothing, but I know it works as when I hooked up a simple boss stereo super chorus I got a nice chorus added to it. SO I am at a loss
:(:confused:
:confused:

Much appreciated in advance guys!! Thanks

Go into the I/O setting of the G-Force and set it to consumer level NOT pro Level. Select consumer level then hit store.

Just take a regular midi cable from the midi thru on the G-Force to the Triaxis midi in

• Members

Go into the I/O setting of the G-Force and set it to consumer level NOT pro Level. Select consumer level then hit store.

Just take a regular midi cable from the midi thru on the G-Force to the Triaxis midi in

Thanks Zach!! From there in terms of audio cables what would be the best solution? Using the FX loop of the TA or running it between the pre and power amp? Thanks so much man!!

Sean

• Members

Thanks Zach!! From there in terms of audio cables what would be the best solution? Using the FX loop of the TA or running it between the pre and power amp? Thanks so much man!!

Sean

Use the loop of the Triaxis, since you're not using a switching system. As far as audio cables go, make sure it works 1st then deal with that issue. There are several solutions that people prefer. Bob Bradshaw uses Mogami cables (2524) to wire his racks. That is what he used for mine:

NAMM%20pics%20025.jpg

• Members

to the triaxis.

Well, you can use a "regular" 5-pin midi-cable to connect your Triaxis into your GCP. In this case your GCP doesn't get power from your Triaxis via that 7-pin cable so you have to deliver the operating power to your GCP by the "regular way".

(when I turned that on it cut the signal
). The manual says some

Any suggestions on the best way to connect the G-Force to the TA, and what settings in I/O do I need to get this baby working. I will worry about channel and FX switching with the GC Pro when I get my 7 pin midi cable.
:(

FX LOOP = Shows when the FX loop is on in your Triaxis

SW 1,2,3 & 4 = Mesa 2:90 has different modes which you can control with your Triaxis by connecting those switch (sw) 1,2,3 & 4 (3 of them needed to control 2:90 fully "in fly") outputs of the TA into 2:90's Deep, Modern & Half-Power inputs. So if you connect Triaxis SW1-output into 2:90's Deep-input and push LOOP/SW button so many times that the SW1-led is lit up, then the deep mode on the 2:90 is activated. You can find all the SW1,2,3 & 4 combinations in the TA and for each of these SW configs you can choose if the FX-loop is on. Hope this helps!:)

I don't put my G-Major in TA's FX loop but I put it after the TA. Triaxis output -> G-Major input / G-Major output -> poweramp. Some people say that they don't like TA's FX loop and for that reason they don't use it. I haven't even tested using my G-Major in TA's FX loop.

I also tried just using the FX loop with G-force and still nothing, but I know it works as when I hooked up a simple boss stereo super chorus I got a nice chorus added to it. SO I am at a loss
:(:confused:
:confused:

Much appreciated in advance guys!! Thanks

How are the levels in your G-Force? Was TA's FX Loop LED lit up? Where was the FX Loop level at TA set to?

-Jaakko

• Members

Hey thanks again also.

First off I used the ac adaptor for now and hooked up the 5 pin to the pedal out on the TA but was not getting any channel switching. Is there something I need to go in and '"tell" TA or "tell" GCP what is going on? LOL Like when I had my ENGL I assigned the GCP for Midi Channel 15 and Diezel VH4S Midi Channel 16. I was expecting to use for now the AC adaptor and the 5 pin and switch channels on the TA but none of the channels or "presets" were changing. The manual seems to focus and explain using a volume pedal and controlling the bass, gain, treble etc, not just setting a preset of a say....a clean I made and saving it and just calling it up.

Now when I had it going thru the G-force and TA between the Pre and Poweramps I was like I said getting signal in the G-Force as I saw the line in lights go up as I strummed a chord, and of course had tone from the speakers but no FX and I had the G-Force set at a setting where I made a really nice chorus tone using Simeones advice. But it was not affecting my signal.

I am gonna go back up in a little and tweak and see what I can come up with some more (early and the fiance would kill me if she heard the brootalz coming from up stairs) I am just wondering if out side the audio connections is there something on the TA front I need to set to hear FX. The manual says the Master buttons, and I think the main knob to the right also control FX send levels. Not sure what to make of that.

So far just manually playing with the TA using the buttons I found MY clean tone for sure, and almost my rhythm tone. I realized with this preamp, I can;t really rely on anyones settings or download settings as I need to find what sounds best to ME and with my 20/20 power amp as most people have the 2:90 so their settings of course are gonna be different :)

I knew she was gonna be a tweaker for sure, but I am digging the tones so far (Is it me or does the Dynamic voice not really help much?? It makes it sound almost solid state on some channles ;) )

Thanks so much guys, I will be back later with some updates. :thu::thu:

• Members

Oh also my Rocktron, super hush is coming tomorrow. Where in the wiring would I connect that baby audio cable wise? I do get a lot of feedback some times and a general hum here and there with the TA? Thanks guys

Would it be like

TA----G-Force-----Super Hush----Poweramp?

Thanks!:)

• Members

Hey thanks again also.

First off I used the ac adaptor for now and hooked up the 5 pin to the pedal out on the TA but was not getting any channel switching. Is there something I need to go in and '"tell" TA or "tell" GCP what is going on? LOL Like when I had my ENGL I assigned the GCP for Midi Channel 15 and Diezel VH4S Midi Channel 16. I was expecting to use for now the AC adaptor and the 5 pin and switch channels on the TA but none of the channels or "presets" were changing. The manual seems to focus and explain using a volume pedal and controlling the bass, gain, treble etc, not just setting a preset of a say....a clean I made and saving it and just calling it up.

Now when I had it going thru the G-force and TA between the Pre and Poweramps I was like I said getting signal in the G-Force as I saw the line in lights go up as I strummed a chord, and of course had tone from the speakers but no FX and I had the G-Force set at a setting where I made a really nice chorus tone using Simeones advice. But it was not affecting my signal.

I am gonna go back up in a little and tweak and see what I can come up with some more (early and the fiance would kill me if she heard the brootalz coming from up stairs) I am just wondering if out side the audio connections is there something on the TA front I need to set to hear FX. The manual says the Master buttons, and I think the main knob to the right also control FX send levels. Not sure what to make of that.

So far just manually playing with the TA using the buttons I found MY clean tone for sure, and almost my rhythm tone. I realized with this preamp, I can;t really rely on anyones settings or download settings as I need to find what sounds best to ME and with my 20/20 power amp as most people have the 2:90 so their settings of course are gonna be different

I knew she was gonna be a tweaker for sure, but I am digging the tones so far (Is it me or does the Dynamic voice not really help much?? It makes it sound almost solid state on some channles
;)
)

Thanks so much guys, I will be back later with some updates.
:thu:

It should work directly with the 5-pin cable. Strange that you didn't get out any FX for the sound.

BTW, I made a vid yesterday of my TA if you're interested in hearing how it sounds with a 2:90 (well, digicamera's mic blows hard and compression makes the sound a lot worse than what it is):

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~kemppaja/Digikamera.wmv

So imagine that as 3D, deep, dynamic etc and you can get a grip how it sounds in my room.:)

• Members

Thanks man, yeah the 2:90 I knew was the way to go, but I don't have a roadie LOL and that thing ways a ton. And I will be bringing this rack to my band rehearsal space and also gigs (if we can ever find a damn vocalist or bass player LOL) The 20/20 I like as it is stereo, lighter and takes up 1 space. Living in NYC I gotta take this thing and carry it with 2 guitars usuallly to practice LOL so it is still heavy but the 2:90 would weigh a ton :) I got the 20/20 used but in great condition I just re tubbed it with JJ's as I wanted fresh ones in there when I got her. :) Nice clip BTW!

Thanks!

Sean

• Members

Sorry to go off-topic, but when did you get the TriAxis preamp?

What happened to the Engl amp?

Hey man! I sold the engl, as I wanted to keep the DIezel at home for recording and practice (my fav amp) and build a rack to bring to practice and gigs. I did not want to lug a head and then have to worry about all the knobs and all that being tweaked, whereas now with a rack I can just bring the case open her up and all my settings are saved and ...boom ready to go. :) The ENGl SE was an amazing amp don't get me wrong, but I just kept gravitating more towards the Diezel.....God if they made a rack VH4S as we say in NYC fuggadaboutit:lol::lol:

So I am off building this little set up for me :)

racksmallershot.jpg

• Members

Thanks man, yeah the 2:90 I knew was the way to go, but I don't have a roadie LOL and that thing ways a ton. And I will be bringing this rack to my band rehearsal space and also gigs (if we can ever find a damn vocalist or bass player LOL) The 20/20 I like as it is stereo, lighter and takes up 1 space. Living in NYC I gotta take this thing and carry it with 2 guitars usuallly to practice LOL so it is still heavy but the 2:90 would weigh a ton
I got the 20/20 used but in great condition I just re tubbed it with JJ's as I wanted fresh ones in there when I got her.
Nice clip BTW!

Thanks!

Sean

Mesa 20/20 is great because it's so portable and I've heard it sounds good. First I thought about buying a 20/20 but ended buying a 2:Fifty. Then I got a killer deal on a new 2:90 so I bought it and sold the 2:Fifty.

Nice rack, man! You have such a big rack that a 2:90 would fit there so the size wouldn't be a problem. It'd weight a few lbs more.:)

• Members

Well, you can use a "regular" 5-pin midi-cable to connect your Triaxis into your GCP. In this case your GCP doesn't get power from your Triaxis via that 7-pin cable so you have to deliver the operating power to your GCP by the "regular way".

oh forgot to ask, any thing I need to specify or "tell" the GC pro in order to gain control over the Triaxis with just switching it's presets? Like what Midi channel do I need to set my GCP to etc. Thanks so much guys!!

• Members

Hey man! I sold the engl, as I wanted to keep the DIezel at home for recording and practice (my fav amp) and build a rack to bring to practice and gigs. I did not want to lug a head and then have to worry about all the knobs and all that being tweaked, whereas now with a rack I can just bring the case open her up and all my settings are saved and ...boom ready to go.
The ENGl SE was an amazing amp don't get me wrong, but I just kept gravitating more towards the Diezel.....God if they made a rack VH4S as we say in NYC fuggadaboutit:lol:
:lol:

So I am off building this little set up for me

racksmallershot.jpg

That rack looks good mate. :)

I'm just wondering what in particular made you gravitate more towards the Diezel, over the Engl SE? I know you like them both, I'm just wondering about it (I'm still learning stuff about my own Engl amp, will learn more once I build my new cab).

• Members

Hey thanks again also.

So far just manually playing with the TA using the buttons I found MY clean tone for sure, and almost my rhythm tone. I realized with this preamp, I can;t really rely on anyones settings or download settings as I need to find what sounds best to ME and with my 20/20 power amp as most people have the 2:90 so their settings of course are gonna be different

I knew she was gonna be a tweaker for sure, but I am digging the tones so far (Is it me or does the Dynamic voice not really help much?? It makes it sound almost solid state on some channles
;)
)

Thanks so much guys, I will be back later with some updates.

Set the Triaxis for Midi Channel 1 on the GCP and see if it works to change channels/presets

• Members

That rack looks good mate.

I'm just wondering what in particular made you gravitate more towards the Diezel, over the Engl SE? I know you like them both, I'm just wondering about it (I'm still learning stuff about my own Engl amp, will learn more once I build my new cab).

Don't get me wrong the ENGL SE was slamming. But I just find the Diezel pulls me in more. The tone is a bit deeper and darker, IMO I don't feel the over drive is Phishy or liquidy as people say. The OD reminded my more of a Mesa when set right, but on steroids. HUGE Bottom end, which can be bad but I love. The cleans on the SE where technically better and brighter, but it goes back to the deep dark sound the VH4S has that I found I preferred. Also for a head, I found it very very simple to dial in, love the 6 FX loops (1 serial 1 parallel and 1 for each of the 4 channels) and the deep/FX blend function knob. The ENGL was a bit IMO on the Marshally side, I little brighter, tons of gain. When I play rhythm I don't really like too much gain, I like to have a nice chug where you still have a nice clean distortion and can hear note articulation a litle better. Hope that makes any sense LOL :)

• Members

Set the Triaxis for Midi Channel 1 on the GCP and see if it works to change channels/presets

Ok, still early so I will be tooling around later with it.

Since I don't have the 7 pin cable, is it safe to say like above I can just use the AC adaptor for now and plug the 5 pin into the triaxis pedal in for control? Thanks so much again man!

• Members

Ok, still early so I will be tooling around later with it.

Since I don't have the 7 pin cable, is it safe to say like above I can just use the AC adaptor for now and plug the 5 pin into the triaxis pedal in for control? Thanks so much again man!

Ya, the only thing the 7 pin will allow you to do is send power to your ground control via your midi cable and eliminate the need to use the adapter. Technically midi is only sent on 2 wires but... never mind.

If that is still weird, try setting everything to midi omni mode (that sends on all midi channels simultaneously) and see if that works

• Members

Ya, the only thing the 7 pin will allow you to do is send power to your ground control via your midi cable and eliminate the need to use the adapter. Technically midi is only sent on 2 wires but... never mind.

If that is still weird, try setting everything to midi omni mode (that sends on all midi channels simultaneously) and see if that works

Ok will try that. I know how to set my Diezel to Omni, but how do I set the TA and G-Force to Omni. I am pretty sure Omni is in my I/O settings on the G-Forceolicious right? :)

• Members

So i just used the power adapter to my GC pro, and hooked up a 5 pin to the midi in of the TA and no channel changing.

Right now I just want to start with being able to change presets on the TA before figuring out G-Force.

Prior I went in and restored the GC pro to it's factory presets and added the Triaxis as Midi Device 1. Still no preset switching. Besides omini (how do you do that on the TA?) any other things I need to "tell" the GCP or TA? In terms of settings? Like on GC PRO I set GCX off and VCA off. I dunno what VCA is but if it is irrelevant then I dont want to know LOL, I just want to control now the TA, worry about G-Force later LOL :thu: Thanks!

• Members

Ok got it. I switched my PC Pro to channel 2 and then changed the program change to 2 on the TA and Boom :thu::thu::thu:........axis and can channel switch!!!!!! YaY.

So I am just using the AC adaptro for GC Pro and once I get the 7 pin will have the phantom power and not need it :)

Now off to figure out G-Force in the mix. back with updtaesa

• Members

........axis and can channel switch!!!!!! YaY.

So I am just using the AC adaptro for GC Pro and once I get the 7 pin will have the phantom power and not need it

Nice to hear that it started accepting the GCP "orders", Sean!:cool:

-Jaakko

• Members

........axis and can channel switch!!!!!! YaY.

So I am just using the AC adaptro for GC Pro and once I get the 7 pin will have the phantom power and not need it

Archived