mounting rack units

• Members

i've gotten washers and screws with all my cases upon purchase. if i ever needed more, i just went like you mentioned. went to the hardware store, got some plastic washers and screws that matched what i originally had.

one other thing, not sure if other people do this, but when i mount my equipment, i lay my case on its back so the rails are parallel to the floor and lower stuff in. then screw it up and flip it back upright.

• Members

Just screws and washers. The rack rails should have threads so you don't need nuts on the backside.

It depends on the rack. IF your rack rails are threaded, then you need nothing else but screws and washers, at least from a mechanical standpoint. But, some racks are different. My SKB cases all have non-threaded rails and use clip nuts. I own 4 of them, and they are all like this. SKB sells the nuts and screws as packs of 12 if you need extras, but the Gator ones are identical and much cheaper.

I also used to have an industrial 19" rack I used for computer and audio gear at my old house that I had to get rid of, and it used cage nuts. It had square holes and you popped them in.

As for replacement screws, any 3/4" 10-32 screw should work.

Archived