Wet/Dry/Wet question. Zachman PLEASE HELP!!!

• Members

Hey guys,

I have a pretty good rig going. But I would like to expand it to a wet dry wet rig.

My question is. If I run the outer two cabinets does the signal run through those cabinets even when the g force is not using effects??

Thanks

• Members

Hey guys,

I have a pretty good rig going. But I would like to expand it to a wet dry wet rig.

My question is. If I run the outer two cabinets does the signal run through those cabinets even when the g force is not using effects??

Thanks

yup

• Members

Well. I'm torn between the g force and g major.

It's

Guitar - wireless - 1st input of gcx - 2nd - loop is an output to a rack tuner for silent tuning - Next loop is a a/b of the JVM and a JMP-1 - Another loop with the line level effects loop - the return of that is connected to the output of the JMP-1 (I LOVE the power section of the JVM) - The other effects loop (pad level) is in loop 7 and 8 of the gcx with a boss chorus pedal and then a boss delay pedal attached to it.

If i change the line level will be split over 2 loops the first like it is now. With the return going to the output of the jvm, and the next loop with the send going to the multi effect unit. Then most likely the left going to one channel of a carvin 6l6 power amp and the right going to the other side. Then I will run 2 cabinets one left one right. Just like a normal wet dry wet rig.

It might now work with my current configuration of the jmp-1 going into the jvm poweramp.

If it doesn't work. I'll dump the jmp-1 and get a mesa roadster and a/b that with the jvm.

WHEW!!!!

What do you think???

• Members

Well. I'm torn between the g force and g major.

It's

Guitar - wireless - 1st input of gcx - 2nd - loop is an output to a rack tuner for silent tuning - Next loop is a a/b of the JVM and a JMP-1 - Another loop with the line level effects loop - the return of that is connected to the output of the JMP-1 (I LOVE the power section of the JVM) - The other effects loop (pad level) is in loop 7 and 8 of the gcx with a boss chorus pedal and then a boss delay pedal attached to it.

If i change the line level will be split over 2 loops the first like it is now. With the return going to the output of the jvm, and the next loop with the send going to the multi effect unit. Then most likely the left going to one channel of a carvin 6l6 power amp and the right going to the other side. Then I will run 2 cabinets one left one right. Just like a normal wet dry wet rig.

It might now work with my current configuration of the jmp-1 going into the jvm poweramp.

If it doesn't work. I'll dump the jmp-1 and get a mesa roadster and a/b that with the jvm.

WHEW!!!!

What do you think???

Some possible scenario issues, but I have to go now, long day today- 2 gigs and an early morning sound check/setup. I won't be able to get back to you until tomorrow.

talk to you then,

Zach

• Members

Sure thing buddy, Rack effects work at a higher level (the signal is hotter) than normal effects level. Most amps have a switch to go between the two levels. My JVM has 2 loops, one for each. A pad level is "louder" and works with instrument levels. Line level waters down the signal so the higher powered rack devices will blend correctly.

wet dry wet is a way to run effects.

This is the simple setup

Guitar to amp. Amp effect send to a multi effect unit. The left effect out is sent to a channel of a stereo power amp the right effect out is sent to the other channel of the stereo power amp. One speaker cab for each. Left power amp, right power amp, and the amp head as normal.

So therefore, you have Effected (wet) guitar tone, Dry (uneffected) guitar tone, Effected (wet) guitar tone.

Is it overkill??? Probably, however for a gear whore like myself. It's awesome!!!!! :love:

Archived