New rack pix! (story of my nightmare last week also not so LOL :( )

• Members

Hey guys once again (Zach, Sim, the rest of the gang) thanks for helping me last week with getting it all hooked up.

My worst nightmare happened. I got my Mesa 2:90 and swapped out the 20/20 for it and it made a HUGE difference in my tone.

I was using those bulky SKB cases and stored my GC pro in my rack back and I fell when hitting the last step and it sent me like 10 feet, but I tried my best to slide into the fall to not damge anything inside. .....mauling my arm, palm and knees.

Sure enough a few of the 2:90's tubes broke and I was so worried internal damage may have occurred. i sold the 20/20 and got the 2:90 Mesa which weighs a ton. This case is easier to carry, shock mount, even though it is heavy and I will just use a back pack for my GC Pro and NOT store my GC pro in the empty rack space (dumb idea I had :( ). for now the empty spaces will just serve to hold a little shure zip up bag with my picks ear plugs and wireless pack. I cant think of any other rack things I would need. I love the gate and tuner on the G-Force so for now, just keeping it empty...unless of course some one plants a seed in my head that I would need LOL :)

DSC00447.JPG

DSC00443.JPG

• Members

My bad, it is not shockmount. But Much easier to lug than the SKB plastic ones that was HUGE!
:)

yeah, i know the feeling. i sold my gator ata i've had for a while. now i have a bigger shockmount, but its easier to move due to the casters. those big plastic ones are so odd-shaped to move easily.

• Members

Yeah but the plastic weigh a lot less. Ive considered ditching my road ready cases for plastic just cause I might have a chance of getting it on a plane then.

yeah the problem with the plastic was it is much bigger and bulky. Hence why it was difficult to carry. This one I just like how I just use the two side handles and yeah it is heavy as {censored}, but easier for me to carry to the studio. :)

• Members

Nice set-up Dude !!!
:thu:

I think your G-Force should be moved up below your wirless unit, less heat up top !! Insted if being the Meat in a Mesa sandwich.

Must sound nice!!

Thanks man! Yeah it sounds sick. I wish I could do some clips but the room is horrible for micing but I will try and get some clips up.

Here is a tour of it, except I just put a GCX in it to phantom power my GC pro and also use it at home and connect my VH4S and Roland JC-120 Head. ;)

xbmRosqCIu4

• Members

Congrats, Sean! You did the only right thing, IMO, when choosing the 2:90 for the Triaxis.:thu: I owned a Mesa 2:Fifty for 6 months before buying a new 2:90 and I couldn't be happier. 2:90 is just...HUGE and so musical sounding poweramp.:cool:

Here's my rig:

Rack.jpg

I need to find a bigger rack ASAP so that I can buy the `remaining` components of my dreamrack.

-Jaakko

• Members

Yeah really the Triaxis has the tones I want and that preamp alone has so many modes I have not even tapped into yet. {censored}, I have barley touched the G- Force other than to nail my Chorus tone and delay and some pitch shifting LOL I have too much to Explore hahaha

But after weeks of getting it and playing with it I negelected my poor Diezel VH4S and I played her all weekend and missed her so much. Damn I wish they made a rack version of the Vh4. I have been thru so many amps and that is the one amp I have had the longest. With the Diezel front and rear load cabs it is such so tight for distortion and cleans like a JC-120 built in. :) Plus 6 FX loops always is nice to have LOL:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

i've gone from a rack to head back to rack back to a head and now back to a rack that has a rackmount head. however, the first preamp i bought is still in it, the ada mp-1. i've owned as many as 3 of them at the same time. for some reason, i have never gotten rid of it and i bust it out now and again to jam some deftones.

• Members

Yeah really the Triaxis has the tones I want and that preamp alone has so many modes I have not even tapped into yet. {censored}, I have barley touched the G- Force other than to nail my Chorus tone and delay and some pitch shifting LOL I have too much to Explore hahaha

But after weeks of getting it and playing with it I negelected my poor Diezel VH4S and I played her all weekend and missed her so much. Damn I wish they made a rack version of the Vh4. I have been thru so many amps and that is the one amp I have had the longest. With the Diezel front and rear load cabs it is such so tight for distortion and cleans like a JC-120 built in.
Plus 6 FX loops always is nice to have LOL:thu:

Aloha bro bro... Looking nice! Sorry to hear about the road rash.

You do indeed, have tons of tonal possibilities to explore, and will likely be discovering hidden gems of tone for years to come w/ the gear that you've put together there. :thu:

Congrats, on achieving the goal. :thu:

Keep Rockin

• Members

Aloha bro bro... Looking nice! Sorry to hear about the road rash.

You do indeed, have tons of tonal possibilities to explore, and will likely be discovering hidden gems of tone for years to come w/ the gear that you've put together there.

Congrats, on achieving the goal.

Keep Rockin

Thanks Zach!:thu: I owe this part of HC forums for all the thanks in helping me. I now an help others when they ask me about midi and rackstuff as you guys explained it to me in such an easy fashion being a rack noob:thu::thu:

Archived