A Korg SDD2000 in front or effects loop?

• Members

If you have passive pickups and are a "plug-right-into-the-amp" kinda guy, then adding ANYTHING between your guitar and the amp will change your tone, usually for the worse.

If you have active pickups you won't notice it so much, but there will still be some difference.

I try to keep the guitar-to-preamp path as simple as possible . . . every time I try to get fancy there it sounds like crap.

• Members

Yea, all i have running into my amp is a chicken salad and a micro amp. The SDD is in the fx loop..

I guess the thing that weirds me out is that i switch my SDD on and off via a TB loop pedal.. When its switched off i still get some digital noise coming through.. I dont understand how since its in a TB loop?? Maybe its my power or something.. Its running into my Furman Power Conditioner though..

Weird :poke:

• Members

Yea, all i have running into my amp is a chicken salad and a micro amp. The SDD is in the fx loop..

I guess the thing that weirds me out is that i switch my SDD on and off via a TB loop pedal.. When its switched off i still get some digital noise coming through.. I dont understand how since its in a TB loop?? Maybe its my power or something.. Its running into my Furman Power Conditioner though..

Weird :poke:

If it's a true bypass you shouldn't be getting that. Something's wrong somewhere.

• Members

the sdd is not true bypass though. It does slightly colour everything while turned off but i dont actually mind this. Yet there is no digital noise you describe, what settings have u used on the level and direct inputs?

• Members

Well, I'm not sure where though. I know the switch is working right though, it handles my other modulation effects just fine..

Thats why i'm thinking its a power issue..

If it's a true bypass you shouldn't be getting that. Something's wrong somewhere.

• Members

They are both set at about 1 oclock.. Send from my TB box goes into the input and then is returned via the Mix+ jack.. The DB switch is set to -10..

Maybe my unit is just funky or something.. Its barely noticeable when my amp is on the clean channel (no distortion etc at all) but once the dirt is kicked in, when not playing i get that digital sounding signal..

I keep thinking its a power issue or something, my is house is kinda old.. I dont have any problems with anything else though... Power wise that is..

the sdd is not true bypass though. It does slightly colour everything while turned off but i dont actually mind this. Yet there is no digital noise you describe, what settings have u used on the level and direct inputs?

Archived