Hooking it all up

• Members

I have a few units now and expect to have a G major in a week or so and I'm wondering what is the best way to wire my rack.

See my signature for the gear I have.

How can I hook it all up to make best use of it all, avoid tone loss, etc.

• Members

Seems like you need some kind of switching unit (GCX, RG16 or similar) to switch between your preamps. It'd also handle splitting your signal out to your preamp, and you could put your EQ in a loop (or two if it's a stereo / twin graphic - great for choosing between two very different rhythm or lead sounds) so you could switch that in and out as well. Do you have a midi foot controller to control your rig?

• Members

Seems like you need some kind of switching unit (GCX, RG16 or similar) to switch between your preamps. It'd also handle splitting your signal out to your preamp, and you could put your EQ in a loop (or two if it's a stereo / twin graphic - great for choosing between two very different rhythm or lead sounds) so you could switch that in and out as well. Do you have a midi foot controller to control your rig?

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the preamps yet. I only use one at a time so I don't need to switch between them. I wonder if I could run them into a mixer and just turn up the one I want to use? :confused:

It is a stereo eq.

I don't have a foot controller yet. It's on the list.

I'm just wondering what is the best way (or some options) to hook up the gear I have ATM.

Archived