possible eq routing?

• Members

Hi,

I'm looking to put a two channel graphic eq in my rack to run through the FX loop of my amp. I want to use one channel for dirty and one for clean. So here's what I'm wondering. Can I use a double looper pedal with a remote jack controlled by my GCX to change channels on the eq and still use it in the FX loop? I am also using a Rocktron Xpression in the loop behind the eq. I have already contacted Loop-Master about the pedal which would have no foot switches or LEDs, I will put it on my rack pedal shelf. I can't find a decent midi eq in my price range and don't really want an older used model. Thanks for any feedback.

• Members

Couldn't you just use a couple of loops on your GCX and switch between them? Seems a bit unnecessary to introduce another piece of kit into the equation unless you've only got the one loop left on the GCX. That'd also give you the flexibility of not using the EQ at all for some sounds if you wanted (I know I couldn't work with only 2 sounds all night!)

• Members

But I have been over the GCX manual a couple times and it looks like you either use it in front of your amp or FX loop really not both, I am using it for pedals in front of my amp. To be more specific about the set up, I'm using a 3ch Dual Rec with the Xpression running straight into the head not thru the GCX. The reason for the EQ is that I'm using Les Pauls and PRS singlecut mainly but also use Strats with a lot less output, so the EQ would be or the Strats only so I don't have to change amp settings on stage. I thought about running a clean boost but I don't want to add any more gain to my clean channel.

again thanks for all responces

• Members

If you look at the PDF setup diagrams on DMC's website, you'll see the GCX used in both loop and before amp setups (in particular this one). Each of the loops is independent, so there's no restriction as to where or how you connect them up. Certainly I'm using my RG16 (which is a similar, albeit more developed, concept) both before my amp(s) and in my FX loops, and it works fine.

Behringer's problem is rarely audio quality so much as quality control and reliability. When they break they tend to break fairly spectacularly - I had two ADA8000s die on me in horrible screaming fits (that said, the other three I had worked fine until I eBayed them as I had no further use for them). They produce decent (not great, but decent) sounding stuff at a good price. I don't much like their graphic EQs though because the sliders are very flimsy and break off easily.

• Members

The DEQ2496 is for PA. Behringer's digital stuff is not bad. I've got the ADA8000 and it sounds pretty good with good features.

Why not use the EQ in the Xpression?

Jun

Thanks I worked with it for awhile and it isn't the best.

• Members

If you look at the PDF setup diagrams on DMC's website, you'll see the GCX used in both loop and before amp setups (in particular
). Each of the loops is independent, so there's no restriction as to where or how you connect them up. Certainly I'm using my RG16 (which is a similar, albeit more developed, concept) both before my amp(s) and in my FX loops, and it works fine.

Behringer's problem is rarely audio quality so much as quality control and reliability. When they break they tend to break fairly spectacularly - I had two ADA8000s die on me in horrible screaming fits (that said, the other three I had worked fine until I eBayed them as I had no further use for them). They produce decent (not great, but decent) sounding stuff at a good price. I don't much like their graphic EQs though because the sliders are very flimsy and break off easily.

Great link! I must have missed that one, Do you know of any dual band EQs with a remote switching jack?

Archived