GSP2101 MIDI issue

• Members

Do I need to enable a function somewhere to be able to use a non original footswitch? I have a 1994 2101 with software 2.0.1 and an ADA MC1 MIDI footswitch. According to what I have read, you cannot connect this controller to the "controller input" on the back of the processor unless it is a Digitech unit as would come with the 2101. You are supposed to connect it to the MIDI input.

I have done so, and the controller is powered by its own power supply. Only thing is it won't change the channels.

Any ideas?:confused:

• Members

Make sure the controller is sending on the same channel that the 2101 is set to. If I remember correctly the 2101 didn't use the standard MIDI protocols so it will only work with their controller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

You should really look into finding an old Digitech Control-One or Johnson J-12 to go with your 2101. Phantom powered, faster than standard MIDI CC/PC's, real-time expression control, and the ability to tune from the foot controller makes it more appealing than a MC-1.

While I'm on the subject of upgrades...there's a TON of untaped potential for stock 2101's with the PPC hardware and firmware upgrades.

• Members

A shame that the Control One is such a fragile piece of gear though, at least in my experience.

I bought one a while back that showed up basically DOA. Not completely dead, but basically useless anyway. Being knocked around a bit in transport, the cheap dodgy (and now 10+ old) hot melt glue that held the damn thing together had all just broken away. Honestly, how hard is it to get an LCD display that has threaded flanges, rather than having to glue it to the enclosure? :confused: The EXP pedal was also buggered.

Would be nice to be able to get it fixed up so I have a backup for my functioning one, which I simply have no faith in. :(

They're great when they work though, and they're fairly cheap these days. :thu:

Archived