Found a hidden jem at GC today!

• Members

I went into the local Guitar Center today looking for some cables and i happened to see they had a used Rocktron Voodu Valve in the clearance rack with a $499 price tag on it and I was talking to a sales guy about it. He said since it had sat there for so long and didn't come with a power cable it could be marked down super low. He went and scanned it expecting to see maybe $300 or so since GC likes to rip you on used gear. Rang up at $50! :facepalm: I quickly told him Id take it payed and left but not before getting them to agree to take it back if it's dead. So I got home got on ebay and ordered a power adapter for it so we'll see in a few days if it was worth it. but seriously a current generation voodu valve for $50, how can you say no??

• Members

Great Score!!!!

I picked up my 'blackface' Chameleon for $55 and it sounds amazing for the money! Seriously, I think this thing predates Line 6 and sounds better than just about anything out there in the modeling realm, in my opinion.

• Members

everything works now that I got the power adapter.

Anyone want it? Im looking for trades for other rack gear. I'd put about $350-$375 value on it as its in fine shape. Gmajors, patchmates or GCX switchers, tuners, wireless systems, hell anything that can be rack mounted i'll consider!

• Members

Gotta love that!

I found a G-Force sitting in a rack at Sam Ash in Florida with a $499.99 pricetag. I figured it was used but the tag didn't say so and it was dead mint. I remember the sales clerk had to have the manager enter some code to ring it in. When the manager did it, he did a double-take and said, "That's not right. This is marked wrong."

I got a bit nervous for a sec, but then he got a bit perturbed and said, "We took a hit on this one.", then commenced to finish the transaction.

I've been a happy boy since...

Archived