Recommend A Good Wireless-Rackmount

• Members

I have this one and it works pretty good for me...

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-FreePort-Instrument-Wireless-System?sku=581419

I DO NOT remember paying that much for it. 249, so I am thinking I got it as a stupid deal of the day or something... I've had this a couple to few years now...

I also had a NADY a while back but lost it in the first divorce... :lol: it worked just fine too. Just be sure to get a different channel than any other band mate... if they get A you be sure to get one that operates on channel B, else there will be difficulties

• Members

I also like the AKG wireless Guitar Bug units. it is really good

So these are actually considered good?

I have one laying around... haven't used it in forever.

I'll pull it back out this weekend, though I'll probably sell it if there's a good offer.

Andy

• Members

I was thinking of getting a guitar bug, but I've heard of people having problems with the transmitters not staying plugged in.

Anyone here having that problem?

Thanks.

+1, never had that problem...

used it quite a while back in the day, in a progressive metal band... did all sorts of weird stunts on and off stage, never had any problem with it.

Andy

• Members

I had TWO Sennheiser EW172 guitar wireless systems because I believed that Sennheiser was great quality. BOTH of mine had issues that ended up costing me a fortune in repair fees and replaced cables.

While BOTH of mine were in the shop, I bought a Digital Reference from Guitar Center since I *NEEDED* one asap. The DR has been going strong for five years now and I've !NEVER! had any issues with it at all.

Wish I had back the money I wasted on the Sennheiser crap.

• Members

??? No audible difference between cable and X2 in my rig. I use nothing but high quality oxygen free cables too. I have no tone coloration from my X2. Oh well, it's all relative I guess...

I agree...Ive A'B'd them, and it is very close....

I bought rechargeable batteries for my unit as well, works great.

Archived