Little Help for a guy who get his first rack gear

• Members

So I'm about to get a ADA MP-1 as my first preamp. I have just some questions before I buy it.

1. Can I use the Headphone out on the back to do homepratice without having it conected to a poweramp or cabsim.

2. Will i kill the preamp or my headphone by doing 1. since I only have a pair of Sennheiser HD201 (24 Ohm) and in the manual to the MP-1 it says something about 600 Ohm should be used? I kow that it will not sound good but I only want to know if I can do it without damaging anyhing.

3. For cabsim I'm looking right now at ADA MicroCab or a Line6 GX with PodFarm (bypass preamp moddeling an only sim the cab). This will work and give an good tone for home recording right? (Poweramp + Cab + crank it is overkill right now. only homeplaying and recording). Which one would be better?

• Members

3. For cabsim I'm looking right now at ADA MicroCab or a Line6 GX with PodFarm (bypass preamp moddeling an only sim the cab). This will work and give an good tone for home recording right? (Poweramp + Cab + crank it is overkill right now. only homeplaying and recording). Which one would be better?

Either one should do the job for what you need. I've used the ADA Microcab many times and like it. cant comment on the Line6 as I've never used it.

Good luck! :thu:

Archived