Hooking up the Decimator ProRack G

• Members

So here is my questions...I have the ISP ProRack G and i'm looking for the best way to hook it up. I am using it with a Framus Cobra Head along with Voodoo Labs Audio switcher for my analog pedals. So at the moment, i am routing channel 1 of the Decimation Guitar>ISP Channel 1 input>ISP Channel 1 output>Amp input and then for the Second Channel I am running for my amps effect loop send> Voodoo Lab Audio Switcher> ISP Channel 2 input>ISP Channel 2 Output> amps effect loop return.

Things I have noticed: This is amazing at killing the noise from my amp, but i dont think i have my effect loop part set up right. I also use an overdrive in my effects, and im still getting a lot of noice from this. Also, when my overdrive is active, my pickups are very sensative and even a slight touch of my strings with cause a "Not noise reduced" buzz sounds. Can anyone give me some advice on better routing this. Also, im sort of a noob to this piece of equipment, so maybe their is something in the back of the componenet that i dont have configured right, or even in the front.

Please let me know your thoughts and thanks for the help!:thu:

• Members

Whereabouts in the signal chain is your overdrive relative to the Decimator? You may want to run the decimator before the overdrive pedal if that's possible (I don't know how your rig's configured) so you're only pumping the sound you want into your overdrive pedal, not the noises you don't.

• Members

This is the way I used mine:

Guitar ---> Switcher

Switcher loop 1 = Overdrive

Switcher loop 2 = ISP channel 1

Switcher ---> Amp input

Effects Send ---> Switcher

Switcher loop 3 = ISP channel 2

Switcher loop 4 = Effects Processor 1

Switcher loop 5 = Effects Processor 2

Switcher ---> Effects Return

I found that the first channel doesn't suffer at all from putting the overdrive before it, so that should help with some noise that would otherwise hit the preamp and have to be taken care of in the second channel. I also found that the second channel seems to work best only taking care of preamp noise. If you add effects processors, put them after the second channel as most are pretty quiet and you wouldn't want the noise reduction killing things like reverb and delay.

Try and get your overdrive as close to unity gain as possible, and if you need a signal boost of some sort then put a clean boost in the effects loop after everything else and operate it with another loop from your switcher. This should help with the sensitivity issue a good bit.

The threshold on the first channel will likely be set a good bit higher than the threshold on the second channel. Also, if you're switching the unit in/out frequently (great way to generate feedback on command) keep the filter tracking dial all the way counterclockwise, it's an interesting tone shaping tool, but doesn't work very well unless you keep both channels on all the time.

Archived