Recommend a rack piece?

• Members

Ok so this is what I have in my rack (or will have soon).

Furman Power Conditioner

Rocktron Xpression

Mesa TriAxis

Mesa 2:90

ADA MQ-1

ISP ProRackG

I have room for one more piece of rack gear, but I don't need a wireless or a tuner as I already have those both elsewhere and the Xpression does all my FX I need since I use very little FX. So what should I get? I though about trying a Sonic Maximizer but after researching the love/hate thing with it around here I've decided against it since I'm getting the MQ-1 anyway.

So what would you get?

• Members

hehe I have a 3 space drawer already and a sliding shelf with misc stuff on it. There's gotta be something good to put in there. I don't have a Compressor, do you think it's a good idea to get one? I've never used one so i don't know how it will effect my tone.

• Members

I have a Samson S-Com compressor / gate in my guitar rig that I find very useful - the noise gate helps to cut off hiss and noise when I'm not playing, and the compressor and enhancer really help clean sounds sparkle. It's got 2 channels, so you can have different settings, or gently compress the signal at two different points in the signal chain (or in my case, my 2 amps' FX sends feed into it, 1 channel for each). It was very cheap, and I bought it initially for PA applications, but it sounded so good when I tried it in my guitar rack, that it stayed there :)

Archived