Pic of my new rack

• Members

Take a look at this guys, I just got the shock rack tonight and still have to wire it, but just want to get suggestions about how I have everything placed. Also what about leaving an empty space for the ADA Mp-1 Classic and JMP-1 for air? Do they need it? (see pic) Also that is 2 blank plates above the Marshall El34 100/100 that I plan to put a 2 space drawer.

• Members

I'd move the G Major 2 up a spot, and have a 1U air space between the power amp and the rack drawer for ventilation. Definitely leaving a space above the JMP-1 and above the MP-1 is a good idea if you've got space, maybe with one of those nice grilles in it so it doesn't just look like an ugly space. Other than that it all looks fairly sensibly placed, the only change I might make is to put the GCX lower and the G Major 2 higher - with all the cables and connectors plugged into the GCX it'll be fairly heavy and you want the heavier items at the bottom for the most part, and bending down to program a rack unit isn't much fun! My 12U rack sits on top of a 2x12 cab so it's not too bad, but I don't think you'll be lifting that onto any cabs ;)

• Members

I was thinking of moving the ADA Mp-1 classic/ Rane eq and the JMP-1 up where the GCX and shelf for pedals is, that way for programming it would be easier. Just means a few different route for the cables. I wish the ADA and JMP-1 has rear inputs, I did the spaces for heat but I can run to the front inputs thru those spaces instead of running all the way around. I also need to make some kind of lines on the knobs of the 100/100 so I can tell where they are set. I don't use all the rig yet, still need a Ground Control Pro then I will finish pedal shelf and get it going. It is heavy. I couldn't resist the case for $250.00. Thanks guys.

Archived