Help me wire my rig!

• Members

Ok, so my rig is in my signature.

Everything needs to be hooked into my GCX from what i understand...tuner, decimator, g major, and my amp head for channel switching and reverb. I may be getting a wireless in a few weeks but as it stands I think my setup is basically finished... My rig is at my jam space right now so I'd like to be a little more prepared when I go over to save myself sometime because i still have to program my ground control after.

Can somebody help me with the wiring scheme for my setup?!

All help appreciated!

• Members

Just curious as to why you need a separate rack tuner since the GM2 has one built in?

If the tuner in GM2 is as small and unreadable onstage as the one in GM1, then i can perfectly understand why ;)

Before i got my g-system i had a DTR-2000 in my rack too. With my amp 10 metres away the GM1 tuner is just a tiny blurry dot while the DTR-2000 remains perfectly readable.

• Members

Ok, so my rig is in my signature.

Everything needs to be hooked into my GCX from what i understand...tuner, decimator, g major, and my amp head for channel switching and reverb. I may be getting a wireless in a few weeks but as it stands I think my setup is basically finished... My rig is at my jam space right now so I'd like to be a little more prepared when I go over to save myself sometime because i still have to program my ground control after.

Can somebody help me with the wiring scheme for my setup?!

All help appreciated!

Could you tell us a little more about how you want the rig to function? Alot of us could tell you a bunch of obvious stuff, but it's alot easier to tell you what you're after, if you're a tad more specific ;)

• Members

Off the top of my head, here's one way you could wire your rack.

Let's assume you will eventually get a wireless. The Output of the wireless receiver will be the signal feeding the Guitar Input of your Pro Rack G's Channel One. The Channel One Guitar Output will feed the Guitar Input of your GCX. On the back panel of your GCX, run a short jumper cable from either the Feed Thru or Guitar Out to the In jack of Loop 1.

Run a cable from the Loop 1 Send jack to the Input of your DTR-2000. Do NOT run a cable from the DTR-2000's Out jack back to the Loop 1 Return jack. This will isolate the tuner from the signal chain and result in silent tuning when you activate Loop 1.

You will want to configure two GCX loops to handle Channel Switching and Reverb On/Off. For example purposes, let's arbitrarily assign Loops 6 and 7.

Running the GM2 and Channel Two of the Pro Rack G pose an interesting problem, because they both want to be in the Rockerverb's Effects Loop, and the Pro Rack G wants to be on all the time while you may not necessarily want the GM2 on all the time. One possible solution would be:

Run a cable from the Rockerverb's Effects Loop Out to the In jack of Channel 2 on the Pro Rack G.

Run a cable from the Channel 2 Out jack on the Pro Rack G to the In jack of any loop on the GCX. For the purpose of this example, let's say you decide to use Loop 8.

Run a cable from the Loop 8 Send jack on the GCX to the Input jack of the GM2.

Run a cable from the GM2's Output jack to the Return jack of Loop 8.

Run a cable from the Out jack of Loop 8 on the GCX back to the Rockerverb's Effects Return jack.

This isolates Loop 8 from the other GCX loops. The Pro Rack G is always on, whether or not the loop is activated. When the loop is "off," it will process a dry signal, but activating the loop inserts the GM2's wet signal between the Pro Rack G's Input and Output.

As for the other loops, run a short jumper cable from the Out jack of Loop 1 to the In jack of Loop 2 and repeat for Loops 3, 4 and 5. Run a cable from Loop 5's Out jack to the Rockerverb's Input jack. This will let you insert additional effects in GCX Loops 2 thru 5 inclusive.

You'll want to run your Ground Control in the 4 Presets/Bank mode. This will let you use the upper 8 buttons to turn the GCX loops On and Off, and the bottom four buttons to change patches on your GM2 via MIDI.

Again, this is only one possible signal routing configuration, and quite probably not the best one. Consider it food for thought, a starting point for planning an optimal solution for your particular needs.

Archived