hey guys some questions unexperienced with racks

• Members

I would be interested in a guitar effects rack, but am accustomed to bending down and adjusting parameters easily, I would never really care for delay presets. I like to bend down adjust a lot, but don't really know how to make my setup not a pain besides using a rack and controller.

I want to run effects to a twin reverb (straight in no loop) and an amp that needs some effects to go into a loop.

It's not going to be fun to set up and a lot of long wires.

is there any simple setups that would be easy to use? not endless programming?

• Members

Get an Axess MFC5 midi pedal and a GRX4 or the new RJM looper, the GRX4 will fit under a pedal board.

Build a pedal board with your pedals in the loops of the loop controller and just program what pedals you want on for each patch. Then you can still adjust on the fly but not have to tap dance.

pumaboard44-6.jpg

pumaboard44-5.jpg

• Members

It would be easier for people to offer suggestions if you told us how many effects pedals you are using, which ones you want to run up front into the Twin, and which ones you want to run in the effects loop of the second amp.

A lot of guys like the Axess MFC5 and GRX4 combination, as suggested by ned911, but I prefer the Voodoo Labs GCX and Ground Control Pro myself. To minimize cable runs, you might want to consider rack-mounting your pedals on a sliding rack shelf and just having a MIDI Foot Controller in front of you as opposed to your entire pedal board and a MIDI Foot Controller.

You may also want to check out the GigRig MIDI-8, another unique solution to resolving pedal board problems.

Archived