Help with future Preamp pursue

• Members

I'm in the progress of building a Rack over a long time. First Preamp I'm trying to get right now and to get started is the ADA MP-1. I hear that it is a really good all around preamp. Is it good for a beginner (in terms of Rack gear) to get started? After that I'm most likely aiming for a Kitty Hawk Quattro or Mesa Boogie Quad or Studio Preamp to get a nice Mesa tone. I also want a Diezel like Preamp. Anybody who knows if the MP-1 is able to do it or of any other Preamp that is able to get a Diezel like tone (VH4 like)?

• Members

As for the Diezel sounds, my guess is that the ENGL type preamps are an option. I never played a Diezel, but after what i hear on records and live performances, they seem to have pretty sterile cleans and raw brutal gain sounds, and that's what the ENGL pre's will deliver too.

The E530 is a pretty straight-forward 2-channel preamp with gain-boost on both channels. Also being fairly cheap, i suppose it's a good Diesel substitute for a starter ;)

I dig mine for agressive stuff and specially for low tuned riffs. (Think: KoRn, The Haunted, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, In Flames etc...)

Archived