Cleanz please?

• Members

Right now I have an Engl 530 preamp, Carvin TS100, Behringer FBQ1502 and an Alesis Power Conditioner. I'm looking to expand my sound by getting another preamp but I want something a bit more cleans worthy. I was wondering how the sansamp psa1 handles cleans and maybe what other preamps are good?

• Members

Right now I have an Engl 530 preamp, Carvin TS100, Behringer FBQ1502 and an Alesis Power Conditioner. I'm looking to expand my sound by getting another preamp but I want something a bit more cleans worthy. I was wondering how the sansamp psa1 handles cleans and maybe what other preamps are good?

How would you like your cleans? As far as the E530 goes, it has some of the most sterile cleans i've heard in a long time, and i love mine for that!

I suppose it has got something to do with your choice of tubes as well. I stuffed two JJ ECC83's in mine, and it has behaved very nicely in terms of brutal-gain and sterile-cleans ever since :D

• Members

If you're down with bright spanky cleans, IMO, you can't get much better than an old Boss GL100 Guitar Driver.

It's got more EQ range and tweakability than any other preamp I've ever used to get an incredible clean tone.

That cheap old guy sits happily in my rack with my Egnater and AxeFX.

• Members

How would you like your cleans? As far as the E530 goes, it has some of the most sterile cleans i've heard in a long time, and i love mine for that!

I suppose it has got something to do with your choice of tubes as well. I stuffed two
JJ ECC83's
in mine, and it has behaved very nicely in terms of brutal-gain and sterile-cleans ever since
:D

I like them very warm and buttery. The engl does have great cleans in that "sterile" regard but im looking for something with more roundness and character to it.

• Members

Egnater M4 w/ the Vox, Twin/Dlx, Bassman modules would give you all the KILLER cleans you could want, imo

That'd be a great set up, but probably overkill for he's looking for. The Mesa V-Twin has 3 modes per channel, so the clean can get a Blackface tone and a Deluxe tone, and it's only 1u for a 3rd of the cost.

Archived